IRS Issues Muni Electric Utility Rules
- Training ground. Heil, Matthew // Echo Magazine;10/23/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p18
Reports the program instituted by officials of the Valley Metro light rail system to businesses that will be affected by the facility's construction in Phoenix, Arizona. Goal of the program; Agencies that have signed up in the program; Plans to help businesses during the construction period.
- It's Finally Here! Garcia, Luis // Echo Magazine;1/8/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on the grand opening celebration of the $1.4 billion METRO light rail transit system on December 27, 2008 in Phoenix, Arizona. An estimated 150,000 people hopped on the light rail, which runs through Phoenix, Tempe and Mesa. According to METRO, 30 additional miles of light...
- ARIZONA: Rail Extension Gets Nod. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/31/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33756, p7
The article discusses the approval to the company Valley Metro Rail by the Maricopa County Association of Governments to develop an 11-mile extension to its rail network.
- A Happy Anniversary. Stephens, Josh // Next American City;Winter2009, Issue 25, p10
The article reports on the changes that have transpired since the initial 20-mile segment of the Valley Metro Rail started operating in Phoenix, Arizona a year earlier.
- In Transit. // Railway Age;Feb2003, Vol. 204 Issue 3, p17
Presents updates on the railroad industry as of February 2003. Information on the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers 1536 Standard for Rail Transit Vehicle Battery Physical Interface; Purpose of a federally funded passenger rail station at Ted Stevens Anchorage International...
- Light rail launches in Phoenix. // Railway Age;Jan2009, Vol. 210 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on the launching of a light rail line in Phoenix, Arizona on December 27, 2008. The light rail was designed, constructed and will be operated by Valley Metro Rail Inc. It will run through Phoenix and Tempe, with eastern teminus in Mesa. The launching of the rail was matched...
- Shopping mad. Rybka, Ted // Echo Magazine;12/29/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p18
Reports on an inspection of Unique on Central, a gay-owned and themed gift shop, owned by Paul Davis Enterprises LP in Phoenix, Arizona. Assistance sought from city councilman Tom Simplot regarding a complaint against the shop; Concerns raised by shop owner Doug Klinge; Views of Klinge on the...
- Phoenix LRVs arrive. // Railway Gazette International;Jan2007, Vol. 163 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the delivery of 50 low-floor light rail vehicles to Phoenix, Arizona light rail promoter Valley Metro Rail from Kinki Sharyo. The 27.4 meter long vehicles are being shipped to Phoenix from the Japanese manufacturer's Osaka, Japan plant for final assembly at Metro's...
- Car orders placed. // Railway Gazette International;Jan2004, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the selection of Kinki Sharyo to supply rail cars to light rail promoter Valley Metro Rail of Phoenix, Arizona as of January 1, 2004. Scope of the deal; Requirements of a purchase contract for light rail vehicles to be used at the Central Link light rail network in Seattle, Washington.