Daschle: Democrats Wants Economic Stimulus Package, Minus AMT Repeal
- Economy: Democrats offer stimulus plan in Senate. Winston, Sherie; Armistead, Thomas F. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on the multi-billion dollar economic stimulus package of U.S. Democrats unveiled by Senate minority leader Tom Daschle of South Dakota in January 2003. Provisions of the proposal offered by House Democrats; Daschle's plans about raising certain expenditure levels.
- Daschle's Distorted Agenda. Carney, Timothy P. // Human Events;12/10/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 46, p1
Criticizes the legislations prioritized by United States Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle (D-S.D.). List of Daschle's legislative agenda; Method used by Daschle in defeating a legislative bill allowing oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge; Names of legislators supporting...
- In Breif: Lame-Duck Hope for Bankruptcy Bill. Heller, Michele // American Banker;10/15/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 197, p20
Reports that Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle is expecting bankruptcy reform legislation to be on Congress agenda if it reconvenes after November 5, 2002 elections. Possible time frame for passage of the legislation according to Tom Daschle.
- Dashle Maneuvers to Kill Energy Reform. Catanzaro, Michael // Human Events;10/15/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 38, p5
Reports on the energy bill proposed by Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle (D.-S.D.) designed to stop comprehensive energy legislation in the United States in 2001. Call of Daschle for President George W. Bush to pass a bill that includes increased production provisions and drilling in the...
- Public Power: Bond Provisions to Be Added to Daschle Bill Next Year. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;12/06/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31279, p5
Focuses on an energy bill introduced by South Dakota senator Thomas Daschle which will include bond provisions by the year 2002. Co-sponsors of Daschle's bill; Proposals contained in the bill; Comparison of Daschle's bill with another bill that was passed in August 2001.
- Put the Heat on Daschle. Hentoff, Nat // Progressive;Oct2002, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p16
Discusses the reasons why Operation TIPS of U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft should not be included in the U.S. Senate version of the Homeland Security Department bill. Information on Operation TIPS; Establishment of the American Protective League during World War I; Reason for putting...
- Section 245(I) Extension Bill Introduced in Senate. Siskind, Gregory // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q2, p1
The article focuses on a bill introduced by U.S. Senator Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) to extend Section 245(I) which allows some people who have been in the U.S. unlawfully to apply for adjustment of status if they have a qualifying family member or employer. 400,000 people could benefit under the newly...
- Collectivists Among Us. Walker, Lewis J. // On Wall Street;Apr2002, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p104
Deals with the threats to economic progress and freedom of U.S. after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks against the country. Ideology of academicians grounded on leftwing collectivism; Views of French sociobiologist Alain Touraine; Elements of collectivism in Senator Tom Daschle's...
- Senate, House name transportation reauthorization bill conferees. // Pit & Quarry;Jul2004, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p20
Reports that U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist and Minority Leader Tom Daschle have come to terms under which the Senate can convene to resolve differences between the House and Senate versions of TEA-21 reauthorization for highway and transit. Efforts of Frist to replace the language used...