Standard & Poor's Moves S.C. Toll Road to Negative
- South Carolina Connector Toll Road Draws on Reserves for Debt Service. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p3
Reports on the re-enforcement of the debt service reserve fund for the multimillion-dollar revenue bonds sold by the Connector 2000 Association Inc. in 1998 to build a toll road in Greenville, South Carolina. Sources of funds for the payment; Rate given by Standard & Poor's to the uninsured...
- Traffic Levels Become a Concern For Future California Road Bonds. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p3
Reports on concerns regarding the performance of California road bonds following decision of Fitch Ratings to downgrade San Joaquin Hills toll road bonds. Insurance of the bonds by MBIA Insurance Corp.; Comments of Peter Bianchini, vice president of Charles Schwab Investment Management on...
- Dulles Toll Road Bonds Stripped From Virginia Budget Proposal. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;4/10/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33694, p4
The article reports on the removal of the authorization bond of Dulles toll road from the Virginia budget proposal, final general assembly for the final vote on the budget is on April 17, 2012.
- Colorado Officials Consider Toll Agency for Road Funding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31200, p1
Reports that Colorado highway officials may ask the Legislature to create a state toll road authority to allow them to take advantage of toll-backed revenue bonds. Use of the bonds for highway projects; Success of toll roads.
- Texas tollway board ready to proceed with turnpike revenue bond sale. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30461, p28
Reports that the North Texas Tollway Authority board agreed to move forward with its first new-money bond sale. Preparation of legal documents related to the offering; Underwriters.
- Toll Road Deals Freighted With Underlying Risks, Experts Say. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;04/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30864, p9
Focuses on analysts' comments on the risks contained in unrated start-up toll road bond deals in the United States. Comparison with established credits such as the deal involving the New Jersey Turnpike; Traffic feasibility forecasts on start-up toll roads; Bond pricing of start-up toll roads.
- Price of Proposed Dallas Road Taking Its Toll on Issuers. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31021, p44
Reports on a proposed bond-finance toll road in Dallas, Texas. Cost projections; Structure of the bonds.
- Maryland's $1 Billion Garvee Plan May Not Be Viable, Report Warns. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32070, p5
Discusses a report by the analysis arm of the General Assembly about the viability of a draft plan to finance a portion of the cost of Maryland's Intercounty Connector (ICC) toll road with Garvee bonds. Overview of the ICC's draft funding plan; Legislation introduced to increase the Garvee...
- Garvee Package for Maryland's ICC to Face Vote. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p4
Reports on the general agreement between the Maryland legislature and the state Department of Transportation to include Garvee bonds in the financing package for Intercounty Connector toll road. Approval of the legislation that allow the state to increase the amount of Garvee bonds; Generation...