NEW JERSEY: Middlesex Lowered
- County gets top bond rate yet again. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/17/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p5
The article reports on the triple-A designations that have been awarded by bond-ratings agencies Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poors for the long-term and short-term debt offerings of Kent County, Michigan.
- Bond rating for Chicago school system is lowered. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;10/1/2012, p18
The article reports on the decision by Moody's to downgrade the rating of the general obligation debt of the Chicago Board of Education from A2 to A1.
- Debt Reform Can Be Better. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31030, p1
Reports on New York State's Debt Reform Act. Bond rating upgrade of the state; Provisions of the bill; Debt management plan.
- Defaults Jump in January, February. J.S. // Bank Loan Report;3/19/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p2
Reports the increase in bond default rates in January and February 2002, according to Moody's Inventor's Services.
- ILLINOIS: S&P Affirms Cook's AA. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/29/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33541, p7
The article reports on the AA rating and stable outlook affirmed by Standard & Poor's Corp. for Cook County, Illinois which has 3.5 billion dollars of outstanding general obligation bonds.
- Detroit draws better reviews for its credit. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;4/1/96, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p4
Reports that Detroit has received AAA rating for its $407 million debt refinancing of its waste-to-energy incinerator. Comment by Valerie Johnson, Detroit's finance director; Impact of bond markets on Detroit's finance; Initial ratings of the bonds; Principal underwriters for the refinancing.
- S&P raises Washington state debt to AA-Plus. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;07/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30186, p2
Announces Standard & Poor's upgrade of the Washington State's $6.4 billion of general obligation debt to AA-plus rating in advance of the state's $265 million offering in June 1997. Rating given by other investment bodies to Washington's debt obligation; Factors driving the improvement in credit...
- Reeling Mount Sinai Medical Center in Florida Gets Slammed by Fitch. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31290, p32
Reports on the downgrading of debt by the U.S. rating agency Fitch Inc., issued by Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida which was the most drastic rating action on the health care bond issue. Impacts of the financial downfall on the officials of the medical center; Steps taken by turnaround...
- Hillsborough County, Tampa Sports Issues Win Upgrades. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/10/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31015, p38
Reports the upgrading of the debt ratings of Hillsborough County and Tampa Sports Authority by Moody's Investors Inc. in Florida. Factors contributing to improvement of county reserves; Plan to market water and sewer assessment bonds; Reference to the upgraded rating as a reflection of the...