NEW JERSEY: E-ZPass Woes
- Hydra-Headed Economic Policy. Taber, George M. // njbiz;7/26/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p16
Comments on the economic policy of New Jersey Governor James McGreevey. Merger of Turnpike Authority and Garden State Parkway; Business and economic development issues in the state; Several executives dismissed by Commerce and Economic Growth Commission Secretary Virginia Bauer.
- Protection from Scams and the Cable Guy. Mulroy, Gene J. // njbiz;4/21/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p6
Presents updates on issues of interest to the business community of New Jersey as of April 21, 2003. Resignation plans of Senator Garry Furnari; Information on a bill signed by Governor James E. McGreevey; Details of a measures signed into law by the governor, that requires the installation of...
- Letters. Koenig, Karen R.; Terembula, Amanda; Bogle, Bill; Pennington, Andrea; Huehls, Janet Lagerman; Johnson, Edward; Blanco, Kathleen Babineaux; Schundler, Bret D.; Editors; Thompson, Joshua; Anna, Joe; Anna, Anne; Solomon, Andrew; Loper, Bruce; Learnard, Kimberly; Emlen, Lisa; Van Doren, Janet B.; Smargon, Adam Joshua; Schriber, Mike // Newsweek;9/6/2004, Vol. 144 Issue 10, p18
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. "What You Don't Know About Fat," which examined new research on fat cells; "An Affair to Regret," which focused on New Jersey Governor James McGreevey's resignation after admitting that he was gay and...
- Former New Jersey governor explores struggle with homosexuality in memoir. // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/28/2006, Issue 992, p35
The article reports on the contents of the memoir of former New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey, which explores his own struggles as a closeted gay man. According to sources, the memoir was released in September 2006. Moreover, McGreevey announced his impending resignation and that he is gay...
- Year-end look at people that shaped GLBT community news. Roehr, Bob // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/30/2004, Issue 888, p26
Looks at scandals, resignations and short-term assignments that shaped GLBT community news in the United States, compiled as of December 2004. Resignation of New Jersey Governor James McGreevey; Decision of Human Rights Campaign former executive director Elizabeth Birch to join Howard Dean's...
- New Jersey's Governor Declares War on Sprawl. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p26
Reports on New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey's campaign against suburban sprawl in the state as of January 2003. Proposals made by the governor in his inaugural State of the State address; Reaction of municipal market participants to these proposals; Economic rationale of the governor's...
- NEW JERSEY: Turnpike Won't Outsource. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/2/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33509, p9
The article reports on the move of New Jersey Turnpike Authority of collecting its own tolls rather than outsourcing manual toll collection services to a private company.
- NJ Turnpike set to unveil big debt plan. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30773, p1
Reports that officials at the New Jersey Turnpike Authority will unveil a debt plan. Details of a two billion dollar borrowing plan; Reliance on politically unpopular toll increases.
- New Jersey Sees Low Rates, and Looks to More Open Space. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31588, p44
No abstract available.