DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: Williams Redux?
- Trial Run. Zengerle, Jason // New Republic;9/2/2002, Vol. 227 Issue 10, p14
Assesses the re-election bid of Washington, D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams in September 2002. Impact of his failure to gather sufficient nominating signatures on his re-election bid; Criticisms on his failure to create a stable constituency for good government; Personality problems of Williams...
- Balancing act. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;10/11/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 41, p2
The article focuses on the contenders for the Mayor post in Chicago, Illinois.
- The crucial tests for Mark Green. // Crain's New York Business;10/15/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p8
Comments on the task of democratic party mayoral candidate Mark Green in New York, New York. Commitment of Green on the revival of the weakening economy; Continuation of support of Green to police and firefighters; Need of Green to remain as an anti-union candidate.
- A consumer's guide to the race for Mayor of Salt Lake City. Wilson, Ted // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/29/99, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p18
Profiles the candidates for 1999 mayoralty elections in Salt Lake City, Utah. Rocky Anderson; Jim Bradley; Dave Jones; Stewart Reid.
- Rainy-day mayor. Rundles, Jeff // ColoradoBiz;Mar2003, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p49
Reveals why the author is running for mayor of Denver, Colorado. Effects of term limits on the administration of the city; Concerns for the consequences of United Airlines Inc.'s bankruptcy on the Denver International Airport; Need to do more for education.
- FERRER WINS 1ST ROUND. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;9/27/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 39, p1
Reports the first round win of mayoralty candidate Fernando Ferrer in elections in New York, New York. Endorsements of Ferrer; Comparison of votes between Ferrer and Mark Green; Comments on the candidacy of Ferrer.
- 3 on 3. Baldock, Steve // Wenatchee Business Journal;Sep97, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p49
Presents the author's views on the kinds of issues that a mayoral candidate in Wenatchee, Washington should focus on. Importance for city to set example of shopping locally; Candidate's support for existing business; City officials' reliance on private individuals to take action.
- Polls show voters may be ready to leave Hevesi. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;03/15/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p5
Presents the result of a public poll on the city mayoral candidates in New York, New York. Prospects for democratic candidates; Measures for the improvement of visibility; Preparation of candidates for a television advertisement to increase standing.
- 4 in race for new 4-year mayoral term. // Wentzville Journal;3/21/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 12, pA1
The article features the four mayoral candidates for the Wentzville, Missouri election on April 3, 2012, namely Bill Schuette, Nickolas Nick Guccione, Leon Tow and Darrel Lackey, while incumbent Mayor Paul Lambi decided not to seek re-election.