Soul 2 Soul: A Post-Modern Exegete in Search of (New Testament) Soul
- CONFLICTING MYTHOLOGIES: MYTHICAL NARRATIVE IN THE GOSPEL OF MARK. // Journal for the Study of the New Testament;Dec2001, Issue 84, p29
Focuses on the mythical narrative in the gospel of Mark. Complexity of the relationship different mythologies; Interpretation of New Testament texts; Definition of myth.
- THE LAW KILLS BUT THE GOSPEL GIVES LIFE: THE LETTER-SPIRIT DUALISM IN 2 CORINTHIANS 3.5-18. // Journal for the Study of the New Testament;Dec2001, Issue 84, p97
Focuses on the interpretation of 2 Corinthians 3.5-18. Dualism between law and gospel; Difficulties of the competing interpretations in accounting all the evidence; Arguments for the traditional interpretation.
- The Acts of the Apostles. // Bible Today;May/Jun2014, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p155
A list of reflection questions for the Acts of the Apostles is presented.
- Shore leave. Camille, Alice // U.S. Catholic;Jan2002, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p43
Discusses the gospel regarding Jesus Christ's invitation of some Galilean fishermen to cast their nets and catch more than fish. What the invitation implies.
- THE ASCENSION OF CHRIST AND PENTECOST. Fitzmyer, Joseph A. // Theological Studies;Sep84, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p409
Examines information from the Book of the New Testament about the ascension of Jesus Christ. References to the phase of Christ's existence following his burial; Assertions of the exaltation to heavenly glory; Meaning of the Ascension in the New Testament passages.
- THE APOCRYPHAL APOCALYPSE OF JOHN: A BYZANTINE APOCALYPSE FROM THE EARLY ISLAMIC PERIOD. Whealey, Alice // Journal of Theological Studies;Oct2002, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p533
Examines the provenance of the New Testament apocryphal 'Apocalypse' attributed to John of Patmos. Annotated translation of the apocalypse in the book 'The Book of Revelation and the Johannine Apocalyptic Tradition,' by John Court; Pseudo-John concern with the protection of icons, protection of...
- The Reception of Luke and Acts and the Unity of Luke-Acts. Gregory, Andrew // Journal for the Study of the New Testament;Jun2007, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p459
This article argues that Irenaeus and the author of the Muratorian Fragment each read Luke and Acts as two elements of one literary whole, but that Irenaeus's understanding of what this literary unity entails appears to have been different from that of many modern scholarly readings of...
- Noah's Library: Sources for 1 Enoch 6--11. Bhayro, Siam // Journal for the Study of the Pseudepigrapha;May2006, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p163
This article presents three case studies that explore the literary antecedents to 1 Enoch 6-11. The first case suggests that we can see a clear Mesopotamian influence on this narrative, while the second extends our understanding of the manner in which the author was incorporating rewritten...
- Neuere Arbeitem und Tendenzen zur Mission im Neuen Testament. Stenschke, Christoph // European Journal of Theology;2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p5
Surveys recent studies on mission in the New Testament in April 2003. Background on the subject of mission in the New Testament; Research and teaching in missiology; Dominance of evangelical authors in the field.