MAKING THE MOST OF BASIC INGREDIENTS: 'UPSCALE' VEGETARIAN
- HEALTHY IN A HURRY: Stuffed Portobellos. // Good Housekeeping;Jan2011, Vol. 252 Issue 1, p53
A recipe for stuffed portobello mushrooms is presented.
- THE GREAT PRETENDERS. Disbrowe, Paula // Restaurant Business;4/1/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p66
Features vegetable-based specialties and variations on classic meat dishes, including meatballs, cassoulet and schnitzel. High quality ingredients used; Creative presentations; Restaurants which offer vegetarian variations; 'Vegetarian Jambalaya' recipe; 'Mushroom Veggie Burger' recipe.
- WILD MUSHROOM DIP. // Better Homes & Gardens;Nov2007, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p259
A recipe for wild mushroom dip is presented.
- Seasonal starters. Levin, Karen // Vegetarian Times;Dec98, Issue 256, p56
Presents vegetarian recipe for appetizers. Foccacia Finger Sandwiches; Southwestern Pinwheels; Italian Nut Cheese; Hummus-Filled Cucumber Cups; Provencal Bean Dip; Curried Chutney.
- Understand customer needs. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p108
Focuses on strategies for food service businesses in the United States for creating profitable vegetarian menus. Importance of understanding the food habits of vegetarian consumers; Value of the market segment. INSET: A Vegetarian glossary.
- Vegetarian cross-over. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p147
Reports on food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menu offerings. Increasing number of vegetarian meals in colleges; Operators' experimentation with more ethnic vegetarian-based recipes; Redesign of traditional plant-based recipes to lower fat; Vegetarian offerings from...
- More recipes being tested. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p148
Reports on food service operators' experimentation with vegetarian dishes. Creation of ethnic cuisine-inspired cookery; PERSPECTIVES/The Consulting Group chef Russell Scott's suggestions on vegetable cookery; `Vegetarian Day' event at the Ikea store in Baltimore, Maryland; Indian dish offerings...
- APPETIZERS. // Vermont Castings Modern Grilling;2007, p80
Recipes for grilled appetizers are presented including Mushrooms Stuffed With Couscous, Mint Pesto and Walnuts, Grilled Spinach Rolls Stuffed With Tofu and Feta, and Basil-Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms.
- TOFU, MUSHROOMS AND MORE: MEAT ALTERNATIVES. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p61
Focuses on various foods that can be used as meat substitutes to meet the increasing demand for vegetarian meals in the U.S. Ways of marinating tofu and mushrooms; Information on soy substitutes for chunk chicken and chunk beef.