WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT: GRILLS & BROILERS
- A TOAST TO ROAST. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/1/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p18
Focuses on innovative use of roasting and grilling equipment by chefs to bring out various flavors from meats and vegetables. Information on the use of smoker ovens by chefs; Features that chefs look for in roasting and grilling equipments; Reasons behind the popularity of roasted or grilled food.
- WHAT'S IN STORE FOR FOODSERVICE KITCHENS. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/09/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 41, SPECIAL SECTION p4
Presents a selection of innovative equipment for food service operators available in the United States as of October 9, 2000. Cooking of hamburgers with the Welbilt clamshell grill; Efficiency of the Solstice fryers; Holding equipment for french fries from Pitco Frialator; Rapid toasters from...
- The Grate Outdoors. Lukas, Paul // Money;Jul2004, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p132
This article presents various new grills. Grilling, barbecuing, cooking out--by any name, Americans do a lot of it. Experts disagree on whether gas grilling can match the flavor of charcoal, but nobody argues with the convenience of gas: no coals to light, no ashes to clean up afterward, and you...
- The Great Outdoors. McKinnon, Michael // Foodservice & Hospitality;Mar2008, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p49
The article focuses on the significance of grill equipment for the business operations of outdoor restaurants in Canada and in the U.S. Outdoor cooking is introduced as another attraction in the food service industry wherein customers have the opportunity to experience an outdoor cooking...
- Gas barbecue grills. // Consumer Reports;Jul91, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p491
Tests 19 gas barbecue grills loaded with fancy features. Description of gas grills; Problems encountered with some grills; Recommendations. INSET: Putting the pieces together (assembly problems)..
- Grill of my dreams. Francese, Peter // Marketing Tools;Jul97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p64
Focuses on the popularity among American barbecue lovers of gas-powered grills over charcoal grills. Practical reasons for gas grills' dominance; Efficiency of cooking over gas grills; Health benefits of grill cooking.
- Grill work. // USA Today Magazine;Jul95, Vol. 124 Issue 2602, p95
Reports on new barbecue cookery supplies. Sauces and barbecuing attire from Bubba Brand Foods; Charcoal briquets from Eco-Char.
- The ultimate cookout. // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Jul/Aug97, Vol. 21 Issue 135, p14
Presents a photograph depicting a variation of barbecue accessories available in Canada. Where accessories can be bought.
- Now you're cookin'. // Consumer Reports;Jun98, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p18
Evaluates several barbecue grills. Weber Genesis; Sunbeam Grillmaster; Coleman Powerhouse Plus; Char-Broil Master Flame, and others; Features; Recommendations; Anatomy of a grill; Price. INSET: Keeping gas under wraps.