CONTESTS, ETHNIC PROMOS HELP: Making rice stand out
- Hysteria over arsenic in rice misleading to US public. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;2/16/2012, p13
The article discusses the statement issued by the USA Rice Federation to address concerns over studies about high levels of arsenic in rice.
- U.S. rice seeks a solution to quality issue. YANCY JR., CECIL H. // Mid-South Farmer;Feb2013, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on the preliminary report of the USA Rice Federation's Rice Marketability and Competitiveness Task Force which showed that the quality of the rice in the U.S. has become a pressing issue in 2010 and quality problems has been growing a premium of varieties or hybrids. INSET:...
- From field to mill, rice growers do it all. WARD, MINDY // Missouri Ruralist;Nov2014, Vol. 154 Issue 11, p6
The article discusses the inputs given by farmers in Missouri on growing rice, the types of rice grown and the difference in selling rice from soybean or corn to buyers.
- U.S. rice industry responds to Consumer Reports arsenic study. Robinson, Elton // Southwest Farm Press Exclusive Insight;9/20/2012, p3
The article focuses on the response of the U.S. rice industry to the arsenic study of Consumer Reports. According to the USA Rice Federation, they are aware about the arsenic level in rice but not about its adverse effects as the reputation of rice has been well-established as healthy, safe and...
- Mississippi Rice Promotion Board votes to join USA Rice Federation. // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/4/2013, p3
The article reports that the Mississippi Rice Promotion Board has voted unanimously to join the USA Rice Federation as of January 1, 2013. It informs that with the move, Mississippi rice farmers will be represented on the boards of directors of the USA Rice Federation, USA Rice Producers' Group...
- LSU Ag Center looking at three promising rice varieties for 2014,2015. Laws, Forrest // Southwest Farm Press;12/19/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p8
The article offers information on the USA Rice Federation Outlook Conference held in Saint Louis, Missouri in 2013.
- FoodCapsule: Rice Gains on School Menus. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p12
Presents data on rice as part of menus in schools from the USA Rice Federation. Percentage of schools surveyed that consider rice a healthier option; Percentage of school cafeterias that use rice as a replacement for pasta and potatoes; Top rice favorites.
- Rice scholarships available. // Western Farm Press;6/16/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p21
The article presents information on the availability of the scholarships from the USA Rice Federation for the year 2012.
- U.S. Rice Leadership program all about quality. Compton, John // Delta Farm Press;5/17/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 20, p26
The article discusses the Rice Foundation's Rice Leadership Development Program, with information on improving the quality of rice crops. Topics include the organizational structure of the USA Rice Federation, the rice varieties that grow along the U.S. Gulf Coast, and the importance of...