AS MEAL REPLACEMENTS OR ALL-DAY ADD-ONS: SMOOTHIES GET BIGGER
- Cold Front. Aronovich, Hanna // Food & Drink;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p52
The article deals with Tropical Smoothie Cafe, a Destin, Florida-based chain of stores selling smoothies and sandwiches. The company has more than 230 stores across the U.S. Its criteria for selecting franchisees are outlined. According to the company, its mission is to offer consumers...
- SPOTLIGHT. // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p58
Evaluates several products and services related to food service in the U.S. "Servsafe," a food-safety training book published by the National Restaurant Association's Educational Foundation; Jams and jellies from Smuckers; Fusion smoothies from Dannon.
- BLEND YOUR WAY TO PROFITS. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun2005, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p102
This article discusses the popularity of smoothies and the types of machines used to make the beverage. The rise of smoothies was driven as a result of three foodservice trends. First, there is the healthful eating trend. Artificial flavors became unpopular and customers demand for fresh fruits....
- SMOOTH OPERATOR. Kyte, Alistair // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jan2009, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p40
The article focuses on the smoothie business which keeps healthy lifestyles in the marketplace. It provides information on Sam Haider and his wife's Euphoria Smoothies which started their business in 2004 in North Bay, Ontario. It states that after its success in 1999, smoothies quickly became...
- TOLL-FREE HOTLINE. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p120
Provides information on several food products for the food service industry. Salad dressing from Hellmann's and Best Foods; Smoothies from Dannon Away from Home; Dessert topping from Rich's On Top.
- REINVENTING SMOOTHIES. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p70
Relates the enhancements to the smoothie beverages offered by food service operators in the U.S. Smoothie stores opened by Freshen Quality Brands; Mango-based tropical smoothies launched by the company; Sales advantage of operating a smoothie and juice bar.
- Cater to convenience with foodservice. Budgar, Laurie // Natural Foods Merchandiser;May2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p24
The article presents tips provided by Donna Prizguntas, proprietor of Ames, Iowa-based Someone's In The Kitchen With Donna to help prevent a cash-flow problems in foodservice industry in the U.S. Donna first emphasizes the importance of knowing the customers. Next, she considers to outsource the...
- In my world. Ashraf, Umer // British Baker;5/7/2010, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p18
The author relates his experiences as an owner of a chain of coffee shops and smoothie and juice bar in Scotland. He describes the process of analysing spreadsheets and comparing the growth in the first of quarter of 2010 with that of 2009. He reveals that they have adopted the method "cut the...
- City Living programme. // Human Resources (09648380);Mar2008, p9
The article offers information on the City Living programme offered by Mitie Catering Services in Great Britain. The City Living programme allows companies to offer nutritional food that suits the needs of their workforce. The company recommends energy-giving drinks like tofu smoothies as part...