THE PROS & CONS OF: Religious diets in prison
- Oakland, CA, jails serve `pre-plated.' // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p26
Reports that in an attempt to feed its increasing inmate population, the Oakland County Sheriff's Department in California, has introduced a pre-plated meal system. Factors which saw a need for the development of an alternative food service system; How the pre-plated meals are prepared;...
- MARKET NEEDS SET TO EVOLVE: The geriatric prison--a corrections/health hybrid. Althaus, Christine Berndt // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p48
Focuses on the establishment of state correctional institutions that offer health and geriatric care services to prisoners in the United States. Status of crime rate in the country; Details on SCI-Laurel Highlands, a state correctional institution in southwestern Pennsylvania; Information on...
- Untitled. // New Yorker;2/23/1963, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p152
The article focuses on the changes to be made in the food service for prisoners in a city jail in Minneapolis, Minnesota, as published in the periodical "Saint Paul Dispatch." Prisoners who spend more than 24 hours in the prison are affected by the changes. Such prisoners will receive one hot...
- Archer's porridge hard to swallow. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/17/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4244, p5
Focuses on the complaints of convicted perjurer and Tory party deputy chairman Jeffrey Archer to prison catering at the Belmarsh Prison. Defense made by the British Prison Service; Meals served to prisoners.
- HOW PRISON FOODSERVICE IS PERFORMING. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p37
Presents statistical data on prison food service in the U.S. in 2002. Food purchases by state departments of corrections and the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons; Daily food allocation per inmate; Amount spent on food-service equipment purchasing and facility renovations.
- MORE GROWTH: Food spending growing at fed. and state levels. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p45
Presents updates on the spending status of correctional food service market in the United States (U.S.) as of October 15, 2000. Total food spending of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons in 1999; Condition of federal prison population from 1998 to 1999; Prison population at the state level.
- LIFE AFTER PORRIDGE. Hussain, Humayun // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/6/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4552, p32
The article focuses on the quality of prison food in Great Britain, with reference to HM Prison Service. Alan Tuckwood, HM's head of catering says no doubt that the standard of prison food has improved in the past 10 years. The firm oversees 131 prisons, with over 1,000 catering staff supported...
- Alan Tuckwood. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/13/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4433, p61
The article features Alan Tuckwood, recipient of the Public Sector Caterer of the Year award, sponsored by apetito. He is the head of catering and physical education services for HM Prison Services. He introduced a series of modernising reforms and managed the switch over to devolved budgets,...
- Prison through prisoners' eyes. // UNESCO Courier;Jun98, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p34
Illustrates an approach on how to rehabilitate the prisoners. Helping prisoners to prize liberty; Photographs of the prison taken by prisoners themselves.