UP FROM 47% TO 56% IN 2 YEARS: More units promoting grab & go
- Market basket. // Food Management;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p105
Presents a selection of convenience foods ideal for food service companies in the United States available as of April 2000. Portabello Lasagna from Nestle Foodservices; Apple and peach fruit desserts from Gold Medal; Line of ready to cook meats from Hillshire Farms; Gusto Garlic Fries from...
- Some place like home. Casper, Carol // Restaurant Business;08/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 15, p63
Looks at the home meal replacement market in the United States in which food service institutions provide convenience foods for consumers' at-home consumption. Attempts at definition; Specialist restaurants; Family dining; Variations; Offerings at grocers and supermarkets.
- Replacement Parts. Brumback, Nancy // Restaurant Business;06/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p49
Reports on the growth in the popularity of take-out meals in the United States. Survey conducted by the National Restaurant Association; Pizza and Chinese food as major part of the market; Home-meal replacement as the most significant growth opportunity in the food industry; Forecast of an...
- New players are becoming more prominent in home-meal solutions. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;07/27/98, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p25
Editorial. Comments on the increasing number of foodservice operators providing consumers with home-meal replacement solutions in the United States. Growth opportunities in the home-meal solutions market; Entry of supermarket chains in the home-meal replacement business.
- Order Up. Fetto, John // American Demographics;Oct2002, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p56
Discusses the trends in the U.S. public spendings on food away from home as of October 2002. Percentage of U.S. citizens most likely to eat lunch in a sit-down restaurant, by demographic; Projected food and drink sales for 2002 for the various types of food industry vendors; U.S. restaurants'...
- LESS WORK, MORE SATISFACTION: PREPARED GRAB-AND-GO. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p110
Reports on the popularity of grab-and-go meals. Benefits of prewrapped foods; Prewrapped meals served in schools; Popularity of frozen peanut butter sandwich.
- Labor saving foods. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p57
Focuses on foodservice operators' preference for prepared convenience foods for labor savings gains that offset higher prices. Extension of the salad bar and entree selections by using fresh-cut produce at the University of Connecticut in Storrs; Guckenheimer Signature Baked Breads program of...
- MEETING HIGH-TRAFFIC NEEDS: Markets report brisk grab-n-go activity. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p58
Presents a report on the growth opportunities presented by several markets to the grab-and-go segment of the food service industry in the U.S. Healthcare; Education; Special events.
- Addressing Consumer Needs: HMR and To-Go. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p82
Focuses on convenient meal solutions offered by various food service facilities in the United States. Characteristics sought by consumers in food service facilities; Popular home-meal replacement items; Innovations in take-out foods.