HOSPITALS TAKE A HIT: NO SURPRISES
- Grab-and-go items, premium coffee big trends on campus. Duecy, Erica // Nation's Restaurant News;11/28/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 48, p18
The article reports that upscale grab-and-go meals and specialty coffee are among the hottest trends in food service at universities and colleges in the U.S. Some campus food service outlets now serve from 6:30 a.m. until 12 a.m. on weeknights and until 2 a.m. on weekends. Thus, more and more...
- Concessions and Carts. McCANN, ELIZABETH // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Jan2011, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p78
The article focuses on trends in location-targeted food service at zoos and aquariums. The concessions offered at Singapore Zoo include fast-food, cafeterias and a fine-dining restaurant. The Jungle Island in Miami, Florida offers a swim area where guests can relax with frozen treats and other...
- Speed Prep Smarts. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p48
The article observes the efforts of food service operators in the U.S. to speed up food preparation. Michael Hoptay, manager of foodservice at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas in Richardson finds that purchasing fresh, pre-cut fruits and vegetables suits his needs in serving more than 1,780...
- TO BATTLE LABOR SHORTAGE: Pueblo Sch. Dist. shifts to all convenience food. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p6
Reports that Pueblo School District in Colorado has shifted to using all convenience foods as of April 2000 on its cafeteria menus to help combat the labor shortage. Purpose of its partnership with Food Concepts; Type of its convenience foods.
- Set for grab-and-go. // FoodService Director;11/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p134
Reports that Davidson Dining at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey offers a take-and-go option for its traditional board students. Marketing of Dunkin Donuts to students; Packaging of the meals; Introduction of 7 grab-and-go `points.' INSET: Michigan State Univ.'s taquito...
- DIETS TO YOUR DOOR! Smith, Rachel // Good Health (Australia Edition);Jan2012, p80
The article evaluates several food delivery services in Australia including Dietlicious, Lite n'Easy and Eat Fit Food.
- COMPETITION IS KEY WHEN IT COMES TO FAST-FOOD OUTLETS. Burns, Helen // Nursing Standard;1/14/2015, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p35
The article focuses on an issue about hospital concessions to food outlets in Great Britain, highlighting the move of University Hospital Southampton National Heath Service Foundation Trust to end its contract with Burger King.
- For those who like it hot, soup's on. Davis, Kevin // Crain's Chicago Business;3/1/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p52
This article presents a list of restaurants of in Chicago, Illinois together with the services offered by them. The "Tokyo Lunch Box" is a storefront Japanese fast-food shop, specializing in takeout sushi and outstanding soups. The "Haifa CafÃ©" is a cafeteria style restaurant specializing in...
- Foodservice Sales Reflect the Prosperous, Time-Pressed 1990's. Price, Charlene C. // FoodReview;Sep-Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p23
Reports the increase in food service sales in the United States from 1990 to 1999. Contribution of commercial foodservice establishments to the increase; Hospital food service sales; Fast food sales.