TARGETING NEW HOSP. CUSTOMERS: Cashless POS paves way for room service
- Going Offline. // FoodService Director;8/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p6
The article focuses on the emergency cash register kit created by the foodservice staff at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendale, Arizona. The kit has a cheat sheet of the point-of-sale (POS) system's screen shots. Nutrition services director Julie Spelman commented on the advantages of...
- POS, menu boost bistro. // FoodService Director;9/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the impact of the renovation of the cafeteria of the Jackson County Memorial Hospital in Altus, Oklahoma on its sales. Benefits of the installation of the cashless point-of-sale system according to Danielle Jensen, director of food and nutrition; Menu offerings of the cafeteria;...
- Look Ma, No Cash! Kren, Amy // Food Management;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p0
Reports on how food service operators are capitalizing on third-generation point-of-sale (POS) technology in the U.S. Application of POS at the University of Akron in Ohio; POS system used in Wachovia Corp.'s production center in Orlando, Florida; Use of POS technology at Maine Medical Center in...
- POS preferences. Jesitus, John // Hotel & Motel Management;09/18/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 16, p82
Focuses on the importance of point-of-sale systems to hospitality businesses. Guidelines for hospitality companies in choosing point-of-sale systems; Functionality and applications of point-of-sale systems; Overview on the trend towards enterprise-management capabilities within the hospitality...
- Hoteliers choose point-of-sale solutions with care. Jesitus, John // Hotel & Motel Management;09/18/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 16, p85
Discusses means by which hospitality businesses choose point-of-sale systems. Factors considered by hoteliers when choosing point-of-sale solutions; Features of point-of-sale systems sought for by hospitality businesses; Advantages of hospitality companies from choosing the most appropriate...
- Technology causing dramatic changes in point-of-sale. Adams, Bruce // Hotel & Motel Management;11/06/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 19, p102
Focuses on the point-of-sale system of the hospitality industry in the United States. Impact of technology on the market systems; Accounts of the system trends and equipments needed in the industry; Role of the Internet on food-and-beverage enterprise management.
- WIRELESS POS TECHNOLOGY. Rock, Jeremy // Hospitality Upgrade;Fall2003, p26
Discusses the introduction of wireless point-of-sale (POS) devices in the hospitality industry. Provision of wireless technological devices by third-party providers; Integration and interface of different platforms; Companies offering POS systems.
- POS ANALYTICS. Chatterjee, Amitava // Hospitality Upgrade;Fall2003, p40
Discusses the application of point-of-sale (POS) systems in the hospitality industry. Processing of meal orders in restaurants from various warehouses; Ability of POS analytics to map data elements across geographical settings; Correction of anomalies.
- CASH IN ON EPoS. Bentley, Ross // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/26/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4692, p32
In this article, the author discusses how modern electronic point of sale (EPoS) systems manage stock and sales and help hospitality businesses drive revenues in Great Britain.