FOR BREAKFAST MENUS: NEW FOODS, IDEAS JUMP-START THE DAY
- K-12 Breakfasts Up. // Food Management;Mar2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the popularity acceleration of School Breakfast Program in the U.S. since its establishment in 1991.
- In-school breakfast program growing with the help from USDA. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/28/97, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p16
Focuses on Portland Public Schools' doubling of its participation in its breakfast plan as a result of a US Department of Agriculture program. Features of the schools' program; Average number of students that ate breakfast in school; Comment by Robert L. Honson, director of foodservice for the...
- Experimental program serves up breakfast for all students. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;1/11/95, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the pilot program run by the state of Minnesota to provide free breakfasts to all students. Sponsor of the program; Supplementation of federal funding; Success of the program.
- School counts many benefits of serving breakfast. // Curriculum Review;May92, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the benefits of schools serving breakfast. Results of serving breakfast at the Gibbon, Nebraska Public Schools; How the working parents and students who come to school early view the morning meal; How the breakfast offerings started in Nebraska Public School; Food service director's...
- Federal Breakfast Program Feeds Record Numbers. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;11/22/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p5
Reports that more schools in the United States are participating in the federal school breakfast program. Concerns expressed by the Food Research and Action Center in the report 'The School Breakfast Scorecard: 2000'; Estimated number of children at risk for hunger not being reached; Failure of...
- Free breakfasts at Wichita dist. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p28
Reports that the free breakfast test launched at Wichita Public Schools in Kansas is being evaluated to determine the feasibility of increasing breakfast participation through regular promotions. Benefits of the test.
- Free breakfast for all. // Teacher Magazine;Feb95, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the federally subsidized breakfast programs in four Minnesota schools. Refusal of children to eat breakfast to avoid being labeled poor; State funding supplement and study on the effect of the program on student learning; Noticed changes in the schools.
- TAKE A PEEK ON VA SCHOOL DIST.'S NEW WEB: What's on the Internet at Fairfax. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the school breakfast programs promoted at Fairfax County's web site. Information which can be found in the Web site; Details on the studies conducted regarding the benefits of eating breakfast.
- Breakfast - a great way to start your day. CLARK, GAYLIA // Ellis County Press;2/20/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p10
The article reports on the free Breakfast in the Classroom program offered by the Ferris Independent School District (ISD) in Texas to its elementary students.