REPORTS FROM ASFSA IN MINNEAPOLIS: SCHOOL BREAKFAST ON-THE-RISE
- ASFSA lobbies for breakfast. // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p24
States that the main focus of the American's School Food Service Association's Legislative Action Conference in Washington, will be the expansion of the Federally sponsored school breakfast program. Information on the keynote speakers; Comments from Doctor Allen Meyers, Boston Medical Center...
- Breakfast blues: Despite subsidy, educational benefit, many schools thwart morning-market potential. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;05/25/98, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p42
Reports on the declining participation of both schools and students in the School Breakfast Program, a program subsidized by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Data on the level of participation in the breakfast and lunch programs; USDA and the American School Food Service...
- AT THIS MONTH'S ANC: Nutrition takes spotlight. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the Annual Nutrition Conference of the American School Food Service Association at the Minneapolis Convention Center in Minnesota on July 22, 2002. Focus of the conference.
- Schools get a Universal look at foodservice. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/08/97, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p84
Focuses on the 1997 convention of the American School Food Service Association at Universal Studios theme park in Orlando, Florida. Guests; Dinner offerings planned by Universal Studios executive chef Steven Jayson.
- ASFSA confab serves as valuable, educational fair. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;08/04/97, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p18
Focuses on the American School Food Service Association's (ASFSA) 1997 national conference held in Orlando, Florida. Event's highlights; Exhibits; Round table discussions.
- ASFSA gives preliminary OK to USDA school food programs. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/25/98, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p16
Details the American School Food Service Association's (ASFSA) preliminary approval to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) for the proposed changes to the National School Lunch and Breakfast programs. Important provisions of the proposed regulations; Flexibility programs; Changes to rules...
- ASFSA (now SNA) Celebrates at Annual Confab. // Food Management;Sep2004, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p14
This article focuses on developments in food industry. The American School Food Service Association is no more. That news incongruously prompted peals of delight from more than 5,000 members attending the kickoff session of the organization's 58th Annual National Conference in Indianapolis in...
- ASFSA holds 57th annual conference. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/13/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 37, p32
Highlights the 57th annual conference of the American School Food Service Association in Indianapolis, Indiana. Attendance of school foodservice directors, managers, dietitians and cooks; Change in the name of association; Sessions covering childhood obesity and nutrition to meal reimbursements.
- ASFSA prioritizes issues, prepares for DC conference. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;08/11/97, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p18
Reports on issues that the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) plans to prioritize at the annual Legislative Action Conference in January 1998. Reauthorization of programs such as nutrition-educational training; Expansion of school nutrition programs; Other requests of the ASFSA.