FROM STRAIGHT-LINE TO SCATTER: RICE U. COUNTS REACH 80%
- Culinary Inspires Design at Rice U. // FoodService Director;9/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p4
The article focuses on the design of the dining facility at Rice University in Houston, Texas. David McDonald, dining services director, said his culinary staff helped in developing the building's design. For the actual design of the facility, the department recruited a European architect to...
- So near yet so far. Calhoun, F. // Texas Monthly;May89, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p122
Discusses Rice University in Houston, a small private university known for its bright students and its faculty-student interaction. Burdened, however, with some average faculty members, the university is trying to attract more star professors, but students and alumni worry that Rice's special...
- The riches of rice. Linden, P. // Town & Country;Sep91, Vol. 145 Issue 5136, p88
Focuses on Rice University, an intellectual institution that is often referred to as the Harvard of the Southwest. Population of the university; Its Ivy-caliber educational standards; Its history; Its outreach efforts.
- Rice University additions. // Architectural Record;Oct1997, Vol. 185 Issue 10, p41
Presents information on two buildings which have been added to the structure of the Rice University, Houston, Texas. What the buildings will be used for; Information on the design of the buildings; Costs incurred for the erection of the buildings.
- Ideas for Industry Spring from Rice. Forbes, Nancy // Industrial Physicist;Feb/Mar2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on the interdisciplinary research and development centers of Rice University in Houston, Texas. Usefulness in the exchange of ideas between industry and academe; Objectives of the Computer and Information Technology Institute; Involvement in nanoscale science research.
- Classical music. Moorhead, G. // Architectural Record;Mar1992, Vol. 180 Issue 3, p74
Offers a look at Alice Pratt Brown Hall at the Shepherd School of Music at Rice University in Houston. The building is design architect Ricardo Bofill's first completed design in the United States. Associates; Hall's organization; Major spaces;Classical design.
- Just say yes: Reengineering library user services for the 21st century. Shapiro, Beth J.; Long, Kevin Brook // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Nov94, Vol. 20 Issue 5/6, p285
Discusses the application of reengineering in library settings and the Rice University's reengineering effort. Basic elements of reengineering; Elements in reengineering academic library user services organizations; Trends affecting library user services operations; User services at Rice...
- Houston's Rice University embarks on first debt issue. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/23/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30668, p4
Focuses on a revenue bond issue from Rice University in Houston, Texas. Value of the bonds; Rating given to the bond; Projects to benefit from the issue's proceeds.
- Now that's a really thin wire! // Electrical Wholesaling;Jul2012, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p15
The article offers information on the tiny coaxial cable which is created by Rice University