Docking studies to investigate interactions of vasicine molecule with oxidative enzymes
- Synthesis and biological activities of some new pyrimidine derivatives from chalcones. Kachroo, Monica; Panda, Rakesh; Yadav, Yadavendra // Der Pharma Chemica;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p352
Chalcones have been reported to present various biological activities such as anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antitubercular, antibacterial activities. It is a basic moiety of many heterocyclic systems containing oxygen, sulphur and nitrogen. Nitrogen containing heterocyclic derivatives...
- Valproic Acid Attenuates Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Acute Lung Injury in Mice. Ji, Mu-huo; Li, Guo-min; Jia, Min; Zhu, Si-hai; Gao, Da-peng; Fan, Yun-xia; Wu, Jing; Yang, Jian-jun // Inflammation;Dec2013, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p1453
Valproic acid (VPA) has been shown to exert anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects in a range of diseases including septic shock. However, the effects of VPA on lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced acute lung injury (ALI) remains not well understood. We found that VPA pretreatment attenuated the...
- The smoking-associated oxidant hypothiocyanous acid induces endothelial nitric oxide synthase dysfunction. TALIB, Jihan; KWAN, Jair; RAHMANTO, Aldwin SURYO; WITTING, Paul K.; DAVIES, Michael J. // Biochemical Journal;1/ 1/2014, Vol. 457 Issue 1, p89
Smokers have an elevated risk of cardiovascular disease but the origin(s) of this increased risk are incompletely defined. Considerable evidence supports an accumulation of the oxidantgenerating enzyme MPO (myeloperoxidase) in the inflamed artery wall, and smokers have high levels of SCN-, a...
- Neuroprotective Effect of Kaempferol Glycosides against Brain Injury and Neuroinflammation by Inhibiting the Activation of NF-ÎºB and STAT3 in Transient Focal Stroke. Yu, Lu; Chen, Chu; Wang, Liang-Fen; Kuang, Xi; Liu, Ke; Zhang, Hao; Du, Jun-Rong // PLoS ONE;Feb2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p1
Background: Ischemic brain injury is associated with neuroinflammatory response, which essentially involves glial activation and neutrophil infiltration. Transcription factors nuclear factor-ÎºB (NF-ÎºB) and signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) contribute to ischemic...
- Macula densa nitric oxide synthase: Expression, regulation, and function. Wilcox, Christopher S.; Welch, William J. // Kidney International Supplement;Sep1998, Issue 67, pS-53
Investigates the macula densa (MD) nitric oxide synthase. Microperfusion of L-arginine (L-arg) into the MD of low salt; Enhancement on the absorption of L-arg during high-salt; Effect of salt restriction on tubuloglomerular feedback.
- Aminoguanidine, an inducible nitric oxide synthase inhibitor, plus N-acetylcysteine treatment reduce the lipopolysaccharide-augmented hepatotoxicity in rats with cirrhosis. Dogru-Abbasoglu, S; Balkan, J; Kanbagli, �; �evikbas, U; Ayka�-Toker, G; Uysal, M // Human & Experimental Toxicology;Jul2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p359
Hepatic cirrhosis is produced in rats by administration of thioacetamide (TAA) (0.3 g/L tap water for a period of three months). This treatment caused an increase in oxidative stress in the liver. Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) administration (5 mg/kg) to rats with cirrhosis was observed to increase...
- Correction: Structural insights into the hydrolysis of cellular nitric oxide synthase inhibitors by dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase. // Nature Structural Biology;Sep2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p818
Presents a correction to an article on the hydrolysis of cellular nitric oxide synthase inhibitors by dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase.
- Nitric oxide synthase inhibition does not improve renal function in cirrhotic patients with ascites. Thiesson, Helle C.; Skøtt, Ole; Jespersen, Bente; Schaffalitzky de Muckadell, Ove B. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan2003, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p180
: ObjectivesBased mainly on animal experiments, nitric oxide (NO) has been proposed to account for the peripheral arterial vasodilation and hyperdynamic circulation in liver cirrhosis. The aim of this study was to clarify whether a reduction of NO synthesis would ameliorate the circulatory and...
- Lysophosphatidylcholine up-regulates IL-1Î’-induced iNOS expression in rat mesangial cells. Taniuchi, Mayumi; Otani, Haruhisa; Kodama, Naoya; Tone, Yoshinori; Sakagashira, Michiko; Yamada, Yoichi; Mune, Masatoshi; Yukawa, Susumu // Kidney International Supplement;Jul1999, Issue 71, pS-156
Examines the importance of Lysophosphatidylcholine (LPC) on the interleukin Nitric oxide synthases (iNOS) in rat mesangial cells. Treatment of nitrite levels on the cell culture supernatants; Increase of nitrite content on the LPC; Formation of iNOS protein on the blot analysis.