Cost per Student Using ABC Approach: A Case Study
- Program Evaluation in Higher Education. Darussalam, Ghazali // International Journal of Research & Review;Oct2010, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p56
Every programmes implemented by each institution and organization should be evaluated after the execution of a cohort. The Purpose of Programme Evaluation, According to Doll (1992) is to recognize sizes and continuities in evaluating its effectiveness, Stufflebeam (1971) believes that the...
- Making Critical Talent Decisions. // Community Banker;Sep2009, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p16
The article discusses strategies that help organizations in making talent decisions. Asking the right questions would help assess whether employees can lead the company through the economic downturn. Employees must feel valued and connected and their efforts must be recognized in one way or...
- THE "BATTLE OF SEXES" IN A HYPOTHETICAL ECONOMIC EXPERIMENT. Bǎtrâncea, Larissa-Margareta // Journal of International Business Strategy;10/20/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p170
In this paper I present a hypothetical experiment of the well-known symmetric game: "Battle of Sexes". The experiment consists of allowing different anonymous individuals to play a number of times this one-off game. The next step is to find the pure and mixed-strategy Nash equilibria. At the end...
- TECHNOLOGY VERSUS PEOPLE: TWO SCHOOLS OF THOUGHT ON PRICING CAPABILITY DEVELOPMENT. Lim, Lewis K. S.; Slotegraaf, Rebecca J.; Walters, Rockney G. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;2005, Vol. 16, p107
A growing number of studies in marketing and strategic management are concerned with the notion of pricing capabilities. Within this emerging literature, two schools of thought dominate the intellectual discourse. The "technological" school, reflected mainly in industry-oriented and business...
- A cognitive approach to facilitating group strategic decision taking: Analysis of practice and a... Grinyer, Peter H. // Knowledge & Policy;Fall92, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p26
Describes an approach to decision-making in strategic management. Key features of group approaches; Assumptions underlying the cognitive approach; Nature of learning, thinking and knowledge; Organizational schemata, culture, myths and learning; Stages of workshop related to a theory of paradigm...
- Branding as Strategy: New Forms of Decision-processes. Griffin, Jennifer J. // Corporate Reputation Review;Fall2002, Vol. 5 Issue 2/3, p227
Presents a framework for managers to identify the factors affecting strategic branding decisions. Discussion of internal and external branding; Typology of corporate branding; Implications of the corporate branding strategy.
- The State of Supply Chain Strategy. Hicks, Donald A. // IIE Solutions;Aug99, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p24
Examines the paradigms in supply chain strategic technology improvement. Historical causes for the confusion and project future developments; State of supply chain planning and improvement thinking; Discussion on the methodology for integrating the most advanced problem-solving tools in the...
- Some Factors Involved in Determining Strategic Decision Success. Harrison, E. Frank // Journal of General Management;Spring92, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p72
Discusses key factors which are thought to determine the success of strategic decision-making at the top management or chief executive officer (CEO) level. Perceptions of CEOs; Review of the study of organizations by Samuel Trull; Decision quality; Decision implementation; Degree of understanding.
- Peering through fog for the big picture. BECKER, DIANE // Nebraska Farmer;Sep2011, Vol. 153 Issue 9, p146
The article offers the author's insights on working on a big-picture situation for long-term decisions and planning for the years to come.