Strong operating performance leads to bullish outlook
- Kroger Tops Wall Street Forecast. // MMR;7/23/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p7
The article reports on the 1.6% increased in the net income of Kroger Co. during the first quarter of 2012 which exceeded the 4% average gain forecast by analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
- Supermarket Giant Hoists Profit Projection. // MMR;7/23/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on profit projection of Kroger Co. wherein the management expects that earnings for fiscal 2012 will range between $2.33 and $2.40 per diluted share.
- Guidancefor Fiscal 2011 Increased. // MMR;1/9/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p51
The article focuses on the contribution of strong and sustained sales growth to the increase in guidance for fiscal identical-store sales and earnings per share of Kroger Co. in 2011, in which it mentions that the company's full-year earnings are expected to project at 1.95 to 2.00 U.S. dollars.
- Profit Outlook for Year Scaled Back. // MMR;10/5/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p6
The article reports that retail supermarket chain Kroger Co. in Cincinnati, Ohio has scaled down its full-year earnings outlook due to the negative outcome in the second quarter of 2009. The company's expectation in earnings comes between 1.90 and 2 dollars per diluted share, down from 2 to 2.05...
- Optimism Abounds. Sowinski, Lara L. // World Trade: WT100;Apr2010, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p43
The article reports that a survey by consultancy Grant Thornton shows that Vietnam is on the top of the list for businesses that are most optimistic about their prospects in 2010. In a survey of 74,000 businesses from 36 economies, 92% of Vietnamese businesses expect higher profits in 2010. It...
- Kroger Eyes New-Store Growth After Years of Declines. Hamstra, Mark // Supermarket News Expert Blog;6/25/2012, p22
The article reports that Kroger Co. is expecting new-store growth in 2012. According to Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) J. Michael Schlotman, the company has finished an initiative to exit from least productive locations. It is noted that the company has grown its...
- Kroger added to buy lists. // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/1/2013, Vol. 69 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the addition of Kroger, a retailer that operates over 2,400 supermarkets and multidepartment stores in 31 U.S. states, to the Buy List and Long-Term Buy List. It states that an emphasis on customer service and expansion has contributed to revenue growth of the retailer....
- Unstable economic climate clouds outlook. // Chain Drug Review;9/28/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p13
The article reports on the earning projections of Kroger Co. in relation with the changes in customer behavior and other economic-related factors in Cincinnati, Ohio. It notes the 3% to 4% identical-store sales projection by the company. Furthermore, David Dillon, the chairman and chief...
- Kroger Posts Q3 Gains, Ups Outlook. Hamstra, Mark // Supermarket News Expert Blog;11/29/2012, p10
The article reports on the move of Kroger Co. to increase its earnings forecast for the third quarter of 2012. David Dillon, chief executive officer (CEO) of Kroger, says they believe that they are in a great position in any of the possible outcomes they can imagine. It is noted that the company...