- Of many things. // America;11/28/1992, Vol. 167 Issue 17, p418
Recounts the author's experiences with a group of Catholic journalists at San Andres Itzapa, an immense and vigorous parish in the Indian highlands of Guatemala. Invited by the Christian Foundation for Children and Aging (CFCA); How it maintains volunteer programs for college graduates; The...
- Detroit summer. Boggs, Grace Lee // EPA Journal;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p53
Focuses on the activities of the Detroit, Michigan-based organization called Save Our Sons and Daughters. Organization of memorial services, marches and rallies; Formation of conflict resolution workshops and urban farm training programs for young people; Inspiration provided by the group to...
- Kids willing to make sacrifices. // USA Today Magazine;Apr93, Vol. 121 Issue 2575, p3
Cites a survey by Childreach (an organization that links caring people with needy children and their families in developing countries), which found a majority of American pre-teenagers are ready to take action to help the disadvantaged in the US and abroad even if it means making personal...
- A qualitative analysis of parents' and service coordinators' descriptions of variables that... Dinnebeil, Laurie A.; Hale, Lynette M. // Topics in Early Childhood Special Education;Fall96, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p322
Presents a qualitative analysis of parents' and service coordinators' descriptions of variables that influence collaborative relationships which are essential in successful early intervention efforts. Importance of interpersonal and communication skills; Microcounseling model.
- Perceptions regarding the IFSP process in a statewide interagency service coordination program. Farel, Anita M.; Shackelford, Jo // Topics in Early Childhood Special Education;Summer97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p234
Assesses the perceptions of Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) in a statewide survey of child service coordinators in North Carolina. Emergence of divergent viewpoints on the usefulness and the process of developing the IFSP; Implications of the findings for training professionals about...
- Report urges family strategy broader than school centers. Cohen, Deborah L. // Education Week;4/3/96, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p6
Highlights the proposals of a report titled `Putting the Pieces Together: Effective Communities for Children and Families: Report of the Working Group on Comprehensive Services.' Call for federal government to focus on coordinating its services for children better; Shared accountability for the...
- Building better childhood services. // Education Week;04/16/97, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p39
Presents a preview of the recommendations based on the report on improving services for children entitled `Quality 2000: Advancing Early Care and Education,' by Sharon Lynn Kagan, associate director of the Bush Center in Child Development and Social Policy at yale University.
- Big Sisters plans Mentor Awards. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 17 Issue 12, Most Influential... p7
Anticipates Big Sisters' Mentor Awards recognizing the importance of role models for girls and women. Criteria selection.
- Children's advocates put forward a contract of their own. Cohen, Deborah L.; Sommerfeld, Meg // Education Week;1/11/95, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p22
Focuses on the move made by children's advocates to avoid budget-cutting on programs that aid children. Signing of `Contract with America's Children'; Ten pledges to support children in the areas of health, safety, parenting, family unity and education.