Things to consider when you're thinking about buying out the boss
- The management miss-out. van de Vliet, Anita // Management Today;Nov96, p62
Focuses on the management buy-outs (MBO) and venture capital market trend in Great Britain. Venture capital firms acting as the principal; Institutional investors' introduction of the management buy-in (MBI) as an alternative way of adding value to turnaround situations with growth potential;...
- Former manager buys Caguas plant. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;3/14/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p4
Presents information on the purchase of a Caguas plant in Puerto Rico by former manager Rafael A. Carballo. How he was financed; Amount of jobs saved; Expected sales for first year; What the plant makes.
- Chart moves carefully in management buy out. Weaver, Bill; Schoenlaub, Peter // San Diego Business Journal;5/22/95, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p29
Outlines issues which need to be addressed in a management buy out. Determining the viability of a division as a standalone unit; Deciding members of the buy out group; Deciding optimum structure of a sale.
- Less fizz, more bottle. Beresford, Philip // Director (00123242);Dec95, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p56
Presents charts illustrating management buy-outs in Great Britain as of 1995. Flotations by buy-out equity arrangers; Buy-out participants who have become millionaires; Buy-out and buy-in flotations from July 1994-June 1995.
- Lumber Yard under New Management. Sanchez, Chase // Grand Saline Sun (TX);8/6/2009, Vol. 113 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the new ownership of the Lumber Yard business under Matt Means in Grand Saline, Texas.
- Council staff urged to set up buyouts. Broom, Douglas // Public Finance;4/15/94, p4
Reports on the Scottish government's directive to councils to discuss management buy-outs (MBOs) with their staff. Comment on Scottish Staff Commission chair Robert Peggies' claim on loss of jobs following reorganization; Suitability of service departments for MBOs; Announcement on the...
- European buy-out funds down 20%. // Pensions & Investments;6/10/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the results of a survey on management buy-outs (MBO) in continental Europe. Decline in total market value in MBOs; Middle-market deals.
- Buying from Ricardo. // Professional Engineering;02/26/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p6
Reports on a management buyout by former directors of nuclear engineering and aerospace design consulting firms Ricardo Hitec and Ricardo Aerospace. Move by parent company to concentrate on core automotive activities; Impact of the buyout; Investment capital group's support for the management...
- Taking the BO out of MBOs. Jacques, Bruce // Bulletin with Newsweek;10/15/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6042, p54
Focuses on the successful management buyouts (MBOs) of Byvest in Australia. Major MBOs anchored by the company; Rate of return for Brunner Mond; Byvest's founding investors; Shareholder investment on the company; Achievements of MBOs.