Allders at home with rocketing furniture orders
- Allders changes approach. // Housewares;Feb2001, Issue 156, p56
Reports that Allders plans to revise the format of some department stores it has acquired from C and A in Great Britain as of February 2001.
- Allders' profits plummet... // Cabinet Maker;12/03/99, Issue 5166, p3
Reports on the decline in profits at department store chain Allders due to a shift in high street spending patterns.
- Allders sets sail for Plymouth. // Cabinet Maker;2/1/2002, Issue 5272, p2
Reports the opening of the department store chain of Allders PLC in Plymouth, England.
- Allders promises more lines at Owen Owen. Petty, Colin // Housewares;Oct96, Issue 130, p4
Focuses on Allders company's acquisition of Owen Owen department stores from Philip Green's Xception group company in Bournemouth, Great Britain. How the purchase was funded; Report of Harvey Lipsith, Allders chief executive on the demand for household merchandise; Benefits of the acquisition.
- Staff cuts at Allders. // Cabinet Maker;3/15/2002, Issue 5278, p2
Reports the plan of department store Allders to reorganize the buying team staff in Great Britain.
- …as Allders is forced into administration. // DIY Week;6/29/2012, p5
The article reports that the 150-year-old department store Allders of Croydon has collapsed into administration in June, 2012 due to poor sales and the failure of rent negotiations with landlord Minerva.
- ALLDERS TALKS SHOP WITH LANDLORD TO REDUCE RENT. // Estates Gazette;6/16/2012, Issue 1224, p30
The article reports on the negotiations between Croydon, London, England department store Allders and its landlord to reduce rent and prevent administration.
- Hunter's prey is little more than departmental error. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;1/9/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p25
Discusses Tom Hunter's effort to gain control of the department stores Allders PLC and House of Fraser PLC. Hunter's plan to consolidate the firms; Stock ownership of Hunter; Performance of the retail sector.
- Buyers quit Allders amid reports of furniture cutback. // Cabinet Maker;9/19/2003, Issue 5356, p3
Reports on the resignation of key furniture personnel of Allders department store group. Allders' plan to cut furniture floorspace; Fate of former Allders employees David Hussein, Rob Blockley and Stephen George.