TEXAS: Sales Tax Shift
- Spokane can't afford not to support Proposition 1. Lynch, Dean; Behring, Pamela // Journal of Business (10756124);9/12/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 19, pA4
Comments on the proposed increase in sales tax to preserve public transit in Spokane, Washington. Status of reserves used by the Spokane transit authority to fund public transit; Revenues from the proposed sales tax increase.
- GOVERNMENT. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/30/2012, p5
The article reports on the decision by the Sanger City Council in California to continue its tax relief programs by waiving its sales tax shares on December 1-2, 2012.
- Pair of Ballot Measures To Tax Voters' Strength. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;8/4/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 31, p14
The article reports on the vote made by the city councils in La Mesa and El Cajon, California to place a sales tax increase on the November 2008 ballot. It is stated that the city of El Cajon will ask voters to approve a half-cent sales tax increase. Meanwhile, the La Mesa council voted to put a...
- Prop. 1 seeks more than we can afford. // Journal of Business (10756124);8/29/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 18, pA4
Editorial. Comments on the ballot measure that would authorize the Spokane, Washington, Transit Authority to impose additional sales tax within its district boundaries. Revenues projected from the proposed increase; Urban services provided by the transit authority; Arguments for and against...
- Metropolitan Council - Metro Transit. // Minnesota State Register;2/9/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p1403
The article reports that the Metro Council division, Metro Transit, is seeking technology and equipment for the Urban Partnership Agreement (UPA) Transit Technologies, Transit Signal Priority System in Minnesota. The project covers equipment, software and installation services. Bids are due by...
- TEXAS: Transit Committee. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31254, p47
Reports on an interim committee named by Arlington City Council to head the city's mass transit authority. Members of the committee; Functions that the authority is expected to perform; Measures planned by council members to pay for a transportation system in the state.
- Council mulls new taxi rules. Brandler, Emily // Journal of Business (10756124);7/14/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 15, pA1
Reports that the Spokane City Council in Washington is considering a taxi-cab monitoring system that will require cab owners to buy permits, called medallions, to operate legally within the city limits. Provisions of the medallion method; Purpose of the proposed policy; Reaction of cab companies...
- Bath's bundle clears hurdle. // Planning (14672073);10/16/2009, Issue 1840, p6
The article reports on the development of the Bath transportation package (BTP) by the Bath and North East Somerset Council in England. It reveals that the package aims to address congestion in the city through the launch of transportation projects that will help enhance public transportation....
- Lawton Talks Tax Hike. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32503, p33
The article reports on the proposal of Lawton City Council to increase the city's sales tax by an undetermined amount in Oklahoma. Here, the city of Oklahoma is considering a quarter-cent sales tax that would bring in $2.5 million a year for two to three years and a half-cent sales tax to bring...