Florida Faces Decreased Debt Capacity Brought on by Revenue Shortfall
- Harrisburg, Pa., Could Miss $2M Debt-Service Payment. KASKE, MICHELLE // Bond Buyer;2/16/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33266, p36
The article reports on the likelihood of Harrisburg to miss its debt-service payment worth two million dollars supported by Pennsylvania on March 1, 2010.
- Choose a debt consolidator. Gray, Valerie Lynn // Black Enterprise;May97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p131
Warns the public about debt consolidators. Suggestions from Janice Gassi, executive director of the Better Business Bureau in Long Island, before signing your debt away to a credit service.
- On real exchange rate targeting and debt servicing. Chow, Lap-Kei // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar1997, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p115
Highlights the incentive for a stronger real currency when debt servicing comes into a play and provides a justification on how the targeted level is set. An assumption of formula of the policymaker having a loss function.
- chapter 3: Special Report. // Turkey Business Forecast Report;2007 Quarter1, p23
The article presents the BMI sovereign risk rating index of European countries as of January 2007.
- N.Y. taxpayers may challenge WTE plant. // Waste News;01/06/97, Vol. 2 Issue 33, p6
Reports that the counties of Warren and Washington in the state of New York may face legal difficulties, relating to the use of taxpayer dollars to cover debt-service payments for a waste-to-energy incinerator. Location of the incinerator; How the counties might be guilty of violating state...
- Credit advisers in hot demand. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;10/21/96, Vol. 88 Issue 228, p1
Presents information on debt advisers who are in hot demand in the United States by consumers. Services of debt advisers; What debt counselors encourage consumers to do; Reason for persons' financial troubles according to research by Bankcard Holders of America; Reference to Dewey Parris;...
- Local authority borrowing requirement. Wild, Damian // Public Finance;05/10/96, p19
Reports the total amount repaid by the councils in 1995/96 according to full year local authority borrowing requirement (LABR) figures. Comparison of LABR in 1994 and 1995; Amount of the March 1996 public sector borrowing requirement (PSBR).
- Overdue debts in Kenya and Iran. // Credit Management;Feb98, p22
Reports on concerns over Kenya's debt servicing ability. Suspension of loans to Kenya by the International Monetary Fund.
- Club Debt. Chatfeild-Roberts, John // Money Marketing;5/13/2010, p28
In this article, the author comments on the significance of the 750 billion euros package to stave off contagion spreading in Greece and European countries.