Monday's Market: Municipal Prices Little Changed Ahead of $7B New-Issue Slate
- Market Close: DASNY PITs, Chicago Greens Price. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;12/16/2014, Issue 34227, p1
The municipal bond market got off to a quiet start to the week on Monday after surviving two of the busiest weeks of the year where an estimated $25 billion of new supply was priced. Municipal bond prices traded slightly weaker on the day, according to Municipal Market Data.
- Market Post: Demand Continues To Push Munis Higher. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;8/31/2012, Vol. 121, p1
The article reports that the tax-exempt market has continued to strengthen which indicated that demands for outweighing supply took hold of the market. It mentions that the 10-year Municipal Market Data yield finished at 1.75 percent for the second session while the 30-year yield closed at 2.90...
- Munis Weaker; N.J. Deal Priced, Braves Stadium Bonds Sell. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;8/26/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34367, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds were weaker at mid-session, according to traders, as yields on some maturities increased by as much as four basis points.
- Trades Up, Amount Down in '08. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/21/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33152, p1
The article presents the report from the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) on the activity of municipal bonds trading in the U.S. in 2008. The report says that there is a major decrease of dollar amount of municipal securities traded in 2008, while there is an increase of the number...
- Market Post: Starting Off a Quieter Week; Munis Weaken. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;12/16/2014, Issue 34227, p1
The municipal bond market was starting last full trading week of 2014 quietly the after polishing off two of the busiest weeks of the year where an estimated $25 billion of new supply was priced.
- Friday's Market: Prices Little Changed in Light Trading; Huge Job Losses Expected to Set Tone. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p2
Reports on effect of employee layoffs on trading of Municipal bonds in the U.S. Observance of steadiness in rate of unemployment; Comparison in municipal bond yields and treasury bonds; Price of serial bonds offered by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.
- Munis Firmer; MTA Sells $600M of Rans. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/8/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33145, p2
The article reports on the rate of return of municipal bond issues in trading activity in New York. The bonds are in line with the move of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to sell $600 million of revenue anticipation notes in the new-issue market. According to traders, overall...
- Munis Static on 2010's Last Full Trading Day. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/3/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33443, p2
The article reports on the financial performance of the trading activity of the municipal bond markets in the U.S. during the last week of December 2010.
- Munis Stay Mostly Unchanged in Light Action. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/23/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33286, p2
The article focuses on the municipal market in the U.S. It states that the market remained unchanged despite fairly light trading activity. Traders believe that the market is off to a bit slow start and there are weaknesses. It reports that the Treasury market showed signs of increase and bonds...