- WHITE OAK POPULARITY HIGH. // Inwood;May/Jun2007, Issue 74, p5
The article provides information on exports of U.S. hardwood products to Australia and New Zealand in 2006. During the year, total exports of hardwood products amounted to US$11.7 million with white oak sawn lumber heading the list. Imports of hardwoods into Australia were down 6 percent overall...
- US Exports of North American Hardwood Lumber. // Hardwood Market Report;1/4/2013, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p1
The article compares export of North American Hardwood Lumber including Cherry, Walnut and Maple by the U.S. from January to October in 2011 with that of in 2012. It mentions that the U.S. Federal Housing Finance Agency monthly House Price Index demonstrated an increase of 5.6 percent in 2012 as...
- AHEC RELEASES STUDY ON LAWFUL HARVESTING AND SUSTAINABILITY OF U.S. HARDWOODS. // Wood & Wood Products;Jan2009, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p14
The article offers information on American Hardwood Export Council's (AHEC's) independent research study "Assessment of Lawful Harvesting and Sustainability of U.S. Hardwood Exports." AHEC released the findings of the study during the 2008 National Hardwood Lumber Association's (NHLA's) Annual...
- APPALACHIAN HARDWOODS. // Hardwood Market Report;1/4/2013, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p4
Several tables and graphs are presented listing average market prices for hardwoods and kiln dried lumber measured before and after kiln drying, and monthly exports of hardwood lumber produced in Appalachian region of the U.S to European and Asian markets.
- NORTHERN HARDWOODS. // Hardwood Market Report;1/4/2013, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p10
Several tables and graphs are presented listing average market prices for hardwoods and kiln dried lumber measured before and after kiln drying, and exports of Maple lumber, Red Oak lumber and White Oak produced in Northern region of the U.S.
- APPALACHIAN HARDWOODS. // Hardwood Market Report;5/15/2010, Vol. 88 Issue 20, p4
The article discusses the demand for North American hardwoods found in the Appalachian Region. It examines the low hardwood consumption in residential and commercial construction projects and the strong export shipments. It mentions several factors that affect the demand of hardwoods including...
- KILN DRIED PRICES - SOUTHERN AREA. // Hardwood Market Report;9/25/2010, Vol. 88 Issue 39, p3
The article offers an overview of the hardwood industry in the Southern United States. It notes that slow residential constructions and exports have done little to improve demand for raw materials, preferably kiln-dried stocks of hardwood. In addition, the wet and dry weather conditions gave...
- APPALACHIAN HARDWOODS. // Hardwood Market Report;9/25/2010, Vol. 88 Issue 39, p4
The article offers an overview on the hardwood industry in the Appalachian Region. It notes that sawmill operators have relied on logger's timber harvest due to losses/closures on several companies in the wood products industry and limited supply of hardwood. However, the production of hardwood...
- CHINA INCREASES HARDWOOD CHIP IMPORTS. // Australian Woodworker;Aug2012, Issue 164, p7
The article informs that imports of hardwood chips by China have increased to six million tonnes and China is expecting to double its imports in next five years.