ALASKA: Poll: First, Cut & Cap
- Taxes, budgetary rule and majority voting. Cremer, Helmuth; Philippe de Donder; Gahvari, Firouz // Public Choice;Jun2004, Vol. 119 Issue 3/4, p335
Studies major voting outcomes for a specific class of two-dimensional policies. Budgetary rule which specifies the proportions of the tax proceeds that go to wage earners and to capital owners; Marginal tax revenue; Shepsle procedure for simultaneous voting.
- Budgetary Blunder. // Latin America Monitor: Andean Group Monitor;Jan2006, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p7
The article presents information regarding the Congress' vote in favour of the Budget Commission's recommendations for the 2006 budget. The Commission had summoned for the re-classification of oil revenues as 'current' rather than 'capital' revenues, and the reallocation of 4.6% of the figure...
- San Franciscans Approve Plan To Protect Children's Services. D. C.; P. S. // Education Week;11/13/1991, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p5
The article reports that San Francisco voters in California has approved a city-charter amendment designed to protect children's programs in the U.S. The measure will be funded from budget cuts and will generate additional money through property-tax revenues. The measure will amend the...
- Colorado to Vote on Whether to Turn Surplus Into Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32211, p40
Reports on the move to let voters decide on the issue of dividing the first budget surplus among taxpayers or to allow Colorado to keep it. Projected worth of the surplus; Aim of the referendum to allow the state to adjust the revenue cap from its current limit; Other issues covered by the...
- Book reviews. Cason, Jeffrey W.; Mezey, Michael L. // Journal of Politics;May97, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p631
Reviews the book `Votes and Budgets: Comparative Studies in Accountable Governance in the South,' edited by John Healey and William Tordoff.
- The View from Tbilisi: Political Capital. Kurashvili, Iago; Kakhishvili, Nino // Transitions Online;3/8/2010, p2
The article presents information on the municipal elections of Tbilisi, Georgia which will be held on May 30, 2010. It states that for the first time people will vote directly. It highlights that the initiatives are introduced on television by mayor Gigi Ugulava. It reports that he may stand for...
- Way to go award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/10/95, Vol. 42 Issue 28, p1
Focuses on the passage of a legislation that would establish same-day school budget and election voting across Long Island, New York.
- 'Lockbox' On Ballot In Illinois. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;10/26/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34601, p1
The article reports that voters in Illinois will decide in November 2016 whether to bar future diversions of transportation revenues for balancing budgets or financing non-transportation expenses. Attention on the financing issue has increased due to lack of progress on a fresh state capital...
- Problem at the polls: Tech remains stuck in the past. Shabad, Rebecca // Hill;5/7/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 55, p16
The article offers information on the problems faced by the state and government in the transition of traditional voting machines to modern, due to small budget and complicated regulatory process in the U.S.