- Herniography following indirect hernioplasty using the marlex `mesh plug' technique. Kahn, Arthur M.; Hamlin, J. Andrew // American Surgeon;Nov95, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p947
Examines hernia operations in patients using indirect inguinal herniorrhaphies using a mesh plug technique without ligation of the hernia sac. Herniogram procedure; Usefulness of herniography as a diagnostic tool.
- Moran repair for inguinal hernias. Moran, Robert M.; Brauns, Jack // American Surgeon;May1997, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p430
Reports on the total of inguinal hernia repairs performed between September 1989 and June 1994 using polypropylene mesh inserted in the preperitoneal space to reinforce a two-layer transversalis fascia technique. Materials and methods used in the study; Results of the study; Type of anesthesia...
- A prospective trial of primary inguinal hernia repair by surgical trainees. B. W. Miedema; S. M. Ibrahim; B. D. Davis; D. G. Koivunen // Hernia;Feb2004, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p28
The main hypotheses were that the Lichtenstein inguinal hernia repair has a lower recurrence rate and similar incidence of chronic groin pain compared to sutured repairs when performed by surgical trainees. In a U.S. Veterans Administration Hospital, 150 primary hernia repairs were randomized to...
- Clinical pathways for general surgeons: Inguinal hernia repair. // American Surgeon;Aug1998, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p805
Presents a chart showing a procedure for inguinal hernia repair, as developed by the Southeastern Surgical Congress Clinical Pathways. Level of care; Pre-admission and pre-operation assessment; Surgical procedures.
- I saved my father's life. Vetpillai, M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);04/18/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7139, p1235
Presents information on a patient with inguinal hernia in Sri Lanka who underwent surgery. Concerns about the surgery; Outcome of the operation.
- Mesenteric Fibromatosis Presenting as an Irreducible Inguinal Hernia. Alsaif, Faisal A. // Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2011, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p357
Mesenteric fibromatosis is a rare benign tumor of the abdominal cavity. It can present as a sporadic case or as a part of polyposis syndromes. It often infiltrates surrounding structures but rarely metastasizes. Surgical resection is the treatment of choice. The following is a case report of a...
- Does a truss benefit a patient with inguinal hernia? Law, N.W.; Trapnell, J.E. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/25/92, Vol. 304 Issue 6834, p1092
Questions the benefits of a truss on patients with inguinal hernia in Great Britain. Compliance of the patients in wearing the truss; Surgery as best treatment for groin hernias; Complications of wearing truss.
- Transabdominal preperitoneal laparoscopic inguinal... Quilici, Philippe J.; Greaney, Edward M. // American Surgeon;Oct1996, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p849
Presents a study where laparoscopic repair of inguino-femoral hernias was performed on 509 patients. Method used in the study; Procedure for the technique; Patient population and indications; Morbidity and mortality of the patients; Discussion of study's results; Conclusion of the study.
- Halsted's operation. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1003
Definitions of the term "Halsted's operation," one of which refers to an operation for inguinal hernia, are presented.