Rating Agencies Adopt a Rosier Outlook for Health Care
- Health care woes. Neel, Jennifer; Arick, Martin // Bond Buyer;01/12/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30806, p7
Focuses on the financial troubles expected for the health care sector in the United States in the year 2000 according to a report issued by Standard & Poor's Corp. Downgrades affecting lackluster patient revenues.
- S&P Upgrades Online Service. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/1/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31440, p34
Reports the launch of Ratings Direct 3.0 database for the online services of the rating agency Standard & Poor. Power capacity of the database; Benefits on the technology; Capabilities of the system.
- Indian Debt Holding Up. // Asia Monitor: Indian Subcontinent Monitor;Sep2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p4
Reports the forecasts of international rating agency Standard's & Poor on the capital markets in India. Credit ratings; Warnings of the control of fiscal deficit; Conditions of liquidity.
- S&P Takes Negative View Of Re Market. JENNINGS, JOHN // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;03/01/99, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p19
Reports on the outlook for the reinsurance market in 1999 and 2000, according to a report by New York-based rating agency Standard & Poor's (S&P). Companies that are included among the upgrades of claims paying ability ratings of S&P; Reason for the continued capital growth in the industry in...
- Who's Who in Credit Rating Agencies. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/17/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 47, pN.PAG
Presents information pertaining to credit rating agencies in the U.S. Rating of the financial strength of insurance companies; Methodologies formulated by Standard & Poor's to address dynamic changes in the industry and to adapt local market conditions throughout the world.
- S&P Drops Ohio's Forum Health to BBB-Minus. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32299, p5
The article reports on the BBB-minus rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to 121 million dollars of outstanding debt issued in Mahoning County, Ohio. The reason for the downgrade is due to losses over the past few years which have lowered the system's debt service coverage levels. The...
- S&P service evaluates domestic equity funds. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;3/10/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 46, p10
Reports on Standard and Poor's' launch of its Select Fund Evaluation Service equity mutual fund rating service.
- S&P Reinstates Rating for Richmond, Calif. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32361, p4
The article reports that Standard & Poor's (S & P) has reinstated its credit ratings on outstanding Richmond, California debt, raising it to investment grade and assigning the city a triple-B plus rating due to incomplete financial information. There were three outstanding bond issues that S & P...
- S&P looks at rating pension funds. Stones, John // Money Marketing;3/20/2003, p2
Reports on international rating agency Standard and Poor's Ratings Services' plan to have financial strength ratings on occupation pension schemes. Unwillingness of companies to pay for public information about the pension scheme; Strength of a final-salary pension scheme.