Bear Stearns Restaffs Florida Office, Brings in Two Public Finance Veterans
- Bear Hires HSBC Vet To Lead Metals Push. Terzo, Gerelyn // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/9/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p4
The article reports that Bear Stearns Cos. Inc. continues to diversify its revenue streams, expanding its push into the lucrative commodities business by forming a global metals trading operation based in New York and London, England. Bear Stearns's foray into metals trading follows the...
- Junior Banker Leaves Bear Stearns Amid Chicago Allegations. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p32
Reports on the resignation of Matthew Bieschke, junior public finance banker at the Bear, Stearns & Co. Rumors in the public finance community about an attempt to shakedown a health care client; Career background of Bieschke; Details of the allegations.
- Bear Stearns taps DLJ senior banker to run FIG banking. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/31/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 31, p4
Reports that the investment bank Bear Sterns Cos Inc. has hired Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette managing director David Platter. Rationale of the appointment; Job description; Career history; Bear Stearns' ranking in the global mergers and acquisitions deals; Expertise in asset-backed securitization.
- Bear Stearns Said to Hire B of A Syndications Exec. Weidner, David // American Banker;4/13/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 69, p26
Reports on the resignation of Keith Barnish from BankAmerica Corp. to build a loan originations team at Bear, Stearns & Co. Other members of the originations team; Position left by Barnish at BankAmerica.
- A Muzzling at Bear Highlights Analysts' Shaky Tightrope Walk. KEENAN, CHARLES // American Banker;8/23/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 161, p21
Focuses on the significance of Bear Stearns & Co.'s crackdown on analyst Sean Ryans who covers large and mid-capitalization banks. Impact of Ryan's negative assessment of First Union in January 1999 on the status of Bear Stearns' fixed-income unit; Curtailing of Ryan's dealings with the press;...
- The education of Richard Lukaj. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/15/99, Vol. 65 Issue 45, p18
Profiles Richard Lukaj, a United States-based investment banker of Bear Stearns & Co.'s telecommunications group. Career and educational history; Contribution to Bear Stearns; Political commitments and aspirations.
- Favors, or Qualifications? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/30/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31625, p1
Illinois' selection of firms to bring 10 billion dollars of taxable general obligation pension bonds to market may have bankers who are happy but others who are anguished. The five rotating senior managers include ABN AMRO Financial Services Inc., Bear, Stearns & Co., Citigroup Global Markets...
- MBS roundup: Spreads move out on originator selling, profit taking, Refi Index falls to 1272. Runyan, Sally // Asset Securitization Report;4/8/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 14, p11
Presents developments on mortgages as of April 2002 in the U.S. Report of Lehman Brothers on the basis points nominal year-to-date and excess return; Decline in overall mortgage applications according to the Mortgage Bankers Association; Expectation of Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. on the prepayment...
- Bear Stearns' Young Syndication Team Aims to Build Business from Scratch . EIDNER, DAVID // American Banker;8/30/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 166, p1
Looks at the efforts of bankers Steve H. Capp and Mark S. Lies to adapt to Bear Stearns & Co.'s investment banking culture since joining the company in April 1999. Aim to build the firm's syndication business from scratch; Comparison of the firm's syndication unit with other banks' strategies;...