In Same Week It Files for Chapter 11, National Steel Misses Debt Payment
- National Steel bankruptcy leaves local firms owed $40 million-plus. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;6/3/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p45
Reports the impact of the National Steel Corp. bankruptcy on local companies in the U.S. Tal debt of the company; List of creditors; Impact of debt on the finances of DTE Energy Co.
- NATIONAL REPORTS PROGRESS IN CHAPTER 11 REORGANIZATION. // Metal Center News;Oct2002, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p48
Reports on the progress made by steel manufacturer National Steel Corp. in Indiana towards its reorganization and recovery, after it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in March 2002. Efforts made by the company to improve its cash flow; Policy of the company regarding its customers;...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's Detroit Business;3/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p30
Reports developments on various businesses in the U.S. as of March 2002. Application for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection by the National Steel Corp. in Indiana; Bankruptcy of Kmart Corp.; Agreement of union employees with the management at Dearborn Sausage Co. concerning salaries and wages.
- Surety bond market reels. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;2/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p1
Reports the condition of security bond market in the U.S. Impact of the bankruptcy of Enron Corp. and Kmart Corp. to several brokerage; Problems of managers in credit accumulated in the form of surity bonds; Significance of security bonds to insurance companies.
- Bankrupt bonds rise in 1999. C.B. // High Yield Report;01/17/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p12
Highlights results of Moody's Investors Service's study on bankrupt bond issues in the telecommunications sector in 1999.
- Bankrupt bonds to increase returns. CB // High Yield Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Reports improvement of prices and returns of bankrupt bonds in the year 2000. Negative return of bankrupt bonds for the year 1999; Industries affected by bankruptcies; Contribution of entrepreneurial risk on telecom bankruptcies; Correlation of long trading activities with bankruptcies; Grade...
- Curtains Fall For United Artists. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;04/17/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the prospects for United Artists Theatre Circuit's bonds due 2008 as the company nears bankruptcy.
- Oversight Manager Recommends Bankruptcy for Michigan Town. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31370, p39
Focuses on the examination on the recommendation made by emergency manager Ramona-Henderson Pearson on the bankruptcy of Highland Park City in Michigan. Opinion of the city officials on the bankruptcy situation; Study on the effect of bankruptcy; Proposal on the selling of bond.
- Orange County, Calif., gets a reprieve on tran repayments. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;01/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30308, p36
Reports on a federal banking court ruling which stated that Orange County, California does not have to immediately repay $65 million of tax and revenue anticipation notes it defaulted on after filing for bankruptcy in 1994. Civil action filed against Merrill, which served as the county's chief...