Florida County School Board Seeks Tax-Backed Construction
- LOUISIANA: School Defers Bond Effort. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/30/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33392, p9
The article reports that Louisiana's St. Helena Parish School District trustees voted to form a committee on finding some ways to finance replacement of the old buildings of the district as well as increase teacher salaries.
- Small is beautiful. Sillars, Les // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/24/94, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p30
Examines how the Taber School Division in southern Alberta became more efficient and reduced costs by assuming as much local control of the system as possible. Severity of the financial predicament facing school boards across Alberta; Edmonton board might rely on tax hikes; Other options;...
- A BETTER WAY FOR A BOARD OF EDUCATION TO APPROACH SPENDING DECISIONS. Taylor Jr., Raymond G. // Education;Spring80, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p206
Describes an approach to spending decision-making adopted by the board of education in Skowhegan, Maine. Analysis of spending priorities; Influences on spending decisions; Alteration of budgets.
- Schools cut $1.3 million from budget. Merkel, Jim // Granite City Press-Record;10/17/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 42, pA1
The article reports that the Granite City School District school board approved a 1.3-million-dollar reduction from its 2012-13 education funding, resulting to reduction of building programs and school teachers that would generate 940,000 dollars in savings.
- Georgia. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;09/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30233, p27
Discloses the findings of a survey on school boards in Georgia and their capital plans.
- BCISD navigating through Legislature's budget crisis. Hanks, Jeffrey M. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);2/9/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 6, p7A
In this article the author discusses the strategies and plans of the Board of Trustees at Schools of the Burnet Consolidated Independent School District (BCISD) to overcome the school budget crisis for 2011-2012 in Burnet, Texas following the legislature's decision to reduce taxes and its...
- Opposition to cuts voiced at LPCS board. meeting. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/15/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 90, p2
The article reports that more than a dozen of residents who attended a Lake Placid Central School Board of Education meeting in Lake Placid, New York, have opposed the proposed cuts that would affect programs in the school.
- Jackson Bond Vote Coming. Sigo, Shell // Bond Buyer;8/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32442, p35
The article reports on the approval by the Jackson School Board in Hinds County, Mississippi of a referendum to gain bigger millage rate and guarantee $150 million in bonds. It is indicated that the proceeds of the bonds would fund a move to replace two schools, construct three schools and...
- School boards file new lawsuit. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/12/94, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p43
Announces that Alberta School Boards Association withdrew its claim against Alberta Education over equitable funding, but has jointly filed a new legal challenge with the Public School Boards Association of Alberta. Challenge claim; Alberta School Foundation Fund; Catholic and Protestant...