Florida County School Board Seeks Tax-Backed Construction
- LOUISIANA: School Defers Bond Effort. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/30/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33392, p9
The article reports that Louisiana's St. Helena Parish School District trustees voted to form a committee on finding some ways to finance replacement of the old buildings of the district as well as increase teacher salaries.
- Small is beautiful. Sillars, Les // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/24/94, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p30
Examines how the Taber School Division in southern Alberta became more efficient and reduced costs by assuming as much local control of the system as possible. Severity of the financial predicament facing school boards across Alberta; Edmonton board might rely on tax hikes; Other options;...
- A BETTER WAY FOR A BOARD OF EDUCATION TO APPROACH SPENDING DECISIONS. Taylor Jr., Raymond G. // Education;Spring80, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p206
Describes an approach to spending decision-making adopted by the board of education in Skowhegan, Maine. Analysis of spending priorities; Influences on spending decisions; Alteration of budgets.
- Schools cut $1.3 million from budget. Merkel, Jim // Granite City Press-Record;10/17/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 42, pA1
The article reports that the Granite City School District school board approved a 1.3-million-dollar reduction from its 2012-13 education funding, resulting to reduction of building programs and school teachers that would generate 940,000 dollars in savings.
- Georgia. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;09/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30233, p27
Discloses the findings of a survey on school boards in Georgia and their capital plans.
- BCISD navigating through Legislature's budget crisis. Hanks, Jeffrey M. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);2/9/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 6, p7A
In this article the author discusses the strategies and plans of the Board of Trustees at Schools of the Burnet Consolidated Independent School District (BCISD) to overcome the school budget crisis for 2011-2012 in Burnet, Texas following the legislature's decision to reduce taxes and its...
- Opposition to cuts voiced at LPCS board. meeting. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/15/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 90, p2
The article reports that more than a dozen of residents who attended a Lake Placid Central School Board of Education meeting in Lake Placid, New York, have opposed the proposed cuts that would affect programs in the school.
- District misuse of Calif. reading funds alleged. Manzo, Kathleen Kenned // Education Week;05/07/97, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p3
Reports that the California school board has decided to provide more guidelines in the appropriate use of state funds under the reading initiative passed by the state Legislature in 1996. Move as a response to reports concerning alleged misuse of the funds; Slow implementation of the reading...
- Land Board votes to release $300 million to fund schools. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/10/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the vote of the School Land Board to release $300 million to fund public schools in Austin, Texas during its fiscal year after review of the Permanent School Fund in 2013.