Virginia's 2003-2004, $50B Budget Nearing Fruition, Including FRANs
- Oklahoma Legislature in a Draw; Special Session Ahead? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30891, p4
Reports on the inevitability of a special session for the Oklahoma legislature if it fails to come up with speedy solutions for the state budget before the legislative session ends May 26, 2000. Failure of a series of budget negotiations to produce an agreement.
- Coalition parties unite to pass 2001 budget. Holt, Ed; Barecz, Peter // Slovak Spectator;12/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p1
Reports that the Slovak government finally won over Members of Parliament (MP) and forwarded its 2001 budget proposal through parliament on December 13, 2000. Budget deficit of the country; Number of MP who supported the budget proposal and its indication; Amount of state revenues and...
- Scottish budgeting held up by Westminster. Watts, David // Public Finance;12/15/2000-01/04/2001, p11
Highlights the report of the finance committee of the Members of Scottish Parliaments on the budget process of the Scottish Executive. Unavailability of the detailed figures for the Scottish budget for the year 2001; Fall of the United Kingdom Spending Reviews resulting from the unavailability...
- One reform that could change everything in D.C. Cox, Christopher // American Enterprise;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p62
Provides information about the budget policies in Washington D.C. Impact of the 1974 Budget Act in Washington D.C. to the federal spending; Information on making federal budget; Symptoms of the 1974 Budget Act's deeper disease; Requirements under the Budget Process Reform Act.
- Lawmakers mull changes to congressional budget process. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;6/25/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 74, p10
The article reports on the plan of legislators in the U.S. to change the budget process, after the congressional leader failed to produce an annual budget resolution.
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE. Rosen, Mark E.; Miller, Jeremy M. // Sea Power;Dec2002, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p20
Reports developments related to defense legislation in the U.S. as of December 2002. Details of the bipartisan support for acquisition programs for the Navy and Marine Corps by the 107th Congress; Approval of the Defense Appropriations Act by Congress; Delay of the bill for the MARAD Title XI...
- SENATE REPUBLICANS LAUNCH EFFORT TO PASS CONSTITUTIONAL BALANCED-BUDGET AMENDMENT. Kasperowicz, Pete // Hill;6/30/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 96, p16
The author reflects on the plan of the Republicans in the Senate to push a balanced-budget amendment to the U.S. Constitution for it to lead to a congressional passage and for the states to consider the amendment before the end of 2011.
- GOP, Democratic priorities converge on budget. Feigenbaum, Edward D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/01/99, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p11
Comments on the budget proposals developed by House Republicans and Senate Democrats in Indiana. Republicans' 1998 campaign promise of property tax cuts and inventory tax relief; Plan by Democrats to cut more than $210 million from property taxes and replace it with General Fund money; Tax...
- BELLYING UP TO THE BAR, BEFORE LAST CALL. Cohen, Richard E.; Hegland, Corine // National Journal;8/18/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 33/34, p2618
Deals with the chances of the United States (U.S.) agriculture sector to have a part from the federal budget outlook which will be reviewed by the end of August 2001. Competition faced by farm leaders in getting a big budget; Legislators of the U.S. House who are pursuing additional funding for...