News In Brief: Productivity Up, Labor Costs Fall
- Jobless Claims Unchanged At 311,000 in June 9 Week. // Bond Buyer;6/15/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32651, p2
The article reports on the data released by the U.S. Labor Department, revealing that initial claims for U.S. unemployment remained at 311,000 in the week ending June 9, citing no special factors and very accurate seasonal adjustment for the week. According to a Labor Department analyst, there...
- FTSE 100 down over 2% at close. Salih, Chris // Money Marketing (Online Edition);4/10/2012, p3
The article reports on downfall witnessed in the financial markets in Europe after below-par U.S. jobs data released by the U.S. Labor Department. According to the Labor Department compared to the predicted 200,000 jobs, employers in the country added only 120,000 jobs in March 2012. It is...
- WHAT YOU'RE WORTH (AND HOW YOU CAN GET IT). Doane, Kathleen // Cincinnati Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p56
Although the economy of the past two years has done little to boost he wages of many Greater Cincinnatians, the U.S. Department of Labor says the Midwest overall fared better than any other part of the country, with workers getting a 3.9 percent increase in salary and raises last year....
- H-2B BY THE NUMBERS. Ricca, Stephanie // Landscape Management;Aug2006, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p33
The article reports on the H-2B guest worker visa program, a program that was created to allow guest workers to work temporarily in the U.S. Based from the data collected by the Department of Labor during 2004, many employers are requesting H-2B guest workers. On wage statistics, most H-2B...
- PRODUCTIVITY DATA. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb79, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p107
Presents U.S. labor statistics on labor productivity as of February 1979. Implicit price deflator; Indexes of productivity, hourly compensation, unit costs and prices; Annual percent change in productivity.
- Productivity. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb74, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p126
Presents U.S. labor statistics on productivity as of February 1974. Indexes of output per man-hour, hourly compensation, unit costs and prices; Percent change from preceding quarter and year in output per man-hour, hourly compensation, unit costs and prices.
- Current Labor Statistics. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul91, Vol. 114 Issue 7, p43
Presents the principal statistical series collected and calculated by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics followed by graphs reflecting the findings. Comparative indicators; Employment and unemployment data; Compensation and wage data including collective bargaining settlements and work...
- Preliminary 1Q Productivity Up 2.4%. Vadum, Matthew; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;05/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30885, p2
Focuses on the increased non-farm labor productivity statistics in the United States for the first quarter of 2000 according to the US Department of Labor.
- Productivity Up 5.7% in 2nd Qtr. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;09/07/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30970, p2
Reports on the rise in non-farm productivity in the United States during the second quarter of 2000, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. Comparison of non-farm productivity during the first and second quarter of 2000.