News In Brief: Jobless Claims Off 5,000 to 376,000
- Jobless Claims Fall 13,000 to 421,000. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p2
First-time applications for state unemployment benefits dropped 13,000 to 421,000 in the week ended June 14, 2003 according to data released by the U.S. Labor Department. The 421,000 applications figure was predicted correctly by IFR BondData America's poll of economists. The four-week moving...
- Jobless Claims Up 3,000 to 422,000. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/12/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31718, p2
Reports that according to the U.S. Labor Department, applications for state unemployment benefits have rose from 3,000 to 422,000 in the week ended September 6, 2003.
- Jobless Claims Up 10,000 to 299,000. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p2
Reports on an increase in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits during the week ended on September 30, 2000, according to the United States Labor Department.
- Jobless Claim Data To Be Released Today. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31293, p2
Reports on the announcement made by the U.S. Department of Labor on the release of the initial jobless claims for the week ended December 22, 2001.
- News In Brief: Jobless Claims Off 15,000 to 376,000. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p2
Focuses on data released by the U.S. Department of Labor showing decline in applications for state unemployment benefits in the week ending February 2, 2002. Revised rate of unemployment in the week ending January 26; Decrease in initial claims disclosed by various states and territories.
- Jobless Claims Up 64,000 to 460,000. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p2
Reports on the increasing number of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits according to the Labor Department in the U.S. Factors attributing to the increase in applications; Rate of adjustment unemployment; Number of continued benefits.
- Jobless Claims Off 11,000 to 411,000. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;5/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31384, p2
Reports the decline of the unemployment benefits by the Department of Labor in the U.S.
- Jobless Claims Up 58,000 to 450,000. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;9/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31233, p2
Reports on the increase in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits according to a report by the U.S. Labor Department, as of September 2001. Impact of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the number of unemployment insurance claims; Percentage increase in the seasonally...
- Large number of jobless claims signals weak job growth. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Apr96, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the finding by the United States Labor Department that first-time unemployment claims increased by 5,000 during the third week of February 1996. Total number of unemployment claims; States with increased unemployment claims.