N.J. High Court Rules for Speedier Return of Unclaimed Bond Proceeds
- N.J. to High Court: Keep Politics Out of Contract Debt. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31496, p36
Reports on the debate between the New Jersey Supreme Court and state government regarding the constitutionality of backed debt in New Jersey. Views of assistant attorney general Allison Accurso on the contract debt; Debt limitation clause of the state; Condition for the approval of backed debt.
- Defense cost ruling is insurer victory. // Business Insurance;4/08/96, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p14
Presents information on ruling which says that costs from government ordered remedial investigations and feasibility studies are not defense costs and apply against the limits in a commercial general liability policy, ruled the New Jersey Supreme Court in March 1996. Cost presumed to be of...
- N.J. Court to Rule On Contract Debt. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/21/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31454, p5
Reports the decision of the Supreme Court on the issuance of state contract bonds in New Jersey. Authorization of the Economic Development Authority on contract debt sale without voter approval; Lawsuit filed by Bogota Mayor Steven Lonegan against the state; Definition of the debt limitation...
- A noteworthy DNA patent case for N.J. biotechs. KALTWASSER, JARED // njbiz;9/19/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p5
The article discusses how the ongoing debates regarding the patenting of genetic isolation methods impact biotechnology firms in New Jersey as of September 2011. It cites the 2009 court case against Myriad Genetics for attempting to patent isolated deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) molecules, and...
- N.J. Supreme Court Orders New Trial Where Judge Allowed Racial Remarks in Defendant's Deposition To. // Insurance Advocate;08/14/99, Vol. 110 Issue 32, p22
Reports that the New Jersey Supreme Court ordered another trial in an automobile accident case because the trial judge erred by allowing a deposition containing racial remarks to be entered into evidence. Details on the case; Decision of the high court on the case.
- Harsh words for court in wake of Abbott decision. // njbiz;6/6/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p17
The article reports on the results of a reader poll conducted by the publication, which shows that the majority of its readers oppose the New Jersey Supreme Court's decision to allocate 500,000 dollars for the state's poorest-performing school districts in Abbott.
- Ruling a Reminder to Update E-Mail Policies. Aguilar, Melissa Klein // Compliance Week;Jun2010, Vol. 7 Issue 77, p14
The article reports on the ruling of the New Jersey Supreme Court that would remind companies to tighten up their electronic communications policies.
- New Jersey bars non-licensed lawyers as bond counsel. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;07/14/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30434, p3
Focuses on the opinion published by the New Jersey Supreme Court's Committee on the Unauthorized Practice of Law that prohibits unlicensed attorneys to practice law in the state as bond counsels. Response to an inquiry into the issue requested by the New Jersey State Bar Association;...
- New Jersey high court rejects school plan. // State Legislatures;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the New Jersey Supreme Court's ruling on the unconstitutionality of an education spending law for failing to provide enough state aid to poor urban school districts. Court's call on the state to address the costs of renovating decrepit schools in poor districts.