Yield Indexes Mostly Higher Amid Unexpectedly Strong Economic Data
- News In Brief: NAPM Index Up To 44.5% in Nov. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p2
Reports on an increase in the National Association of Purchasing Management (NAPM) index for the manufacturing sector contracts in November 2001. Percentage of increase in the NAPM index; Comparison between the new order index and the backlog of orders index in October and November.
- Municipal bond activities. // Bond Buyer;11/06/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30268, p36
Presents schedule of conferences and activities of various bond market organizations in the United States for the month of November to December 1997 and January 1998. Hosting of the Municipal Bond Regional Roundtable by the Bond Market Association; Association for Local Housing Finance Agencies...
- Bond Market Association Establishing London Office. Clarke, Jeremy // Securities Industry News;11/27/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p12
Reports on the Bond Market Association's establishment of an office in London, England. Reflection of the globalization of fixed-income markets; Reduction of systemic risks within the markets.
- No Honeymoon: TBMA, SIA Terminate Merger Discussions. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;12/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31780, p5
Reports on the decision of The Bond Market Association (TBMA) and Securities Industry Association (SIA) to terminate their talks on a possible merger in Washington D.C. Reason for the cancellation of the merger; Continuance of TBMA and SIA in working together on common issues to ensure...
- TBMA Urges Delay In Some Reporting. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p1
Focuses on the efforts of the Bond Market Association to convince the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to delay the posting of bond prices in New York City. Impact of immediate price dissemination on the reporting of the actual trade size; Reductions in the liquidity of the bonds; Use of...
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;4/6/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32355, p28
The article presents a calendar of events in the bond market in the U.S. from April to June 2006. A Dynamics of Marketing and Pricing Bonds Workshop will be hosted by the California Debt & Investment Advisory Commission on April 12 in San Francisco. The American Securitization Forum's Sunset...
- Monday's Market: Municipals Finish Little Changed Ahead of the Week's Heavy Supply. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p2
Reports on the activities of the U.S. bond market on December 2, 2001. Impact of the increase in National Association of Purchasing Managers Index in November on the treasury bond prices; Comments by various traders on the status of the municipal bond markets; Indication of an increase in cash...
- TBMA Seeks Broader Automatic Exemption From Rule G-37. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p64
Reports the appeal of The Bond Market Association to Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to expand the Rule G-37 on political contributions. Expansion of automatic exemption from Rule G-37; Provisions for management and supervisory officials; Prevention of municipal dealers from engaging in...
- BMA Springs STP Hub Plan Amid Skepticism. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;3/3/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1
Reports that the U.S. Bond Market Association (BMA) has requested for information on building a trade matching and allocations straight-through processing message center. Reason for building the center; Uses of the center; Organizations that have raised objections to the proposals made by BMA.