Factory Orders, Inventories Up
- Days' supply falls to 68 as of April 1. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;4/13/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5761, p30
Presents data on the days' supply inventories in the American automobile industry. Domestic and imported car and light-truck inventories for March and April 1998; US car and light-truck sales per dealer for February and March 1998.
- REGISTERING. // Business People;Oct2012 Planning Your Wedding2013 Supplement, p15
The article presents advice on registering for gifts including setting up of registry after engagement, doing it together by taking an inventory of what is needed, and checking the details such as shipping of gifts, its exchange/return policy and if items are removed from the list once purchased.
- Brand promo popularity is 'fuelling sales of rival lines.'. Zuke, Elinor // Grocer;5/7/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8003, p6
The article reports that brands are spending about 3 billion British pounds on inadvertently marketing rival products, with poor stock control resulting to consumers redeeming discount coupons only to find the promoted products out of stock, according to the Institute of Promotional Marketing.
- Days supply rises in Nov. Henry, Jim // Automotive News;12/17/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 5962, p21
Reports the increase of days supply of vehicles in the United States. Growth on the number of vehicles in inventory; Reduction of zero percent incentives in some models of Ford Motor Co.; Plan of avoiding excess in inventory feeds spiraling incentives.
- FORECASTING FUTURE DEMAND. Schreibfeder, Jon // Electrical Wholesaling;Sep2006, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p66
The article offers tips on how to refine weighted-average forecasting in inventory management.
- Getting stronger. // njbiz;10/21/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p2
The article reports on the housing market in Hudson County, New Jersey which leads the state in terms of the lowest unsold inventory level that is relative to sales space.
- Sales improving. // njbiz;8/19/2013, p2
The article reports that Somerset County led the housing market in New Jersey with the smallest unsold inventory level.
- Growing inventory. // njbiz;11/10/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p2
A map of New Jersey is presented which shows information on the volume of unsold housing inventory in its counties.
- Coordinating Inventory Control and Pricing Strategies with Random Demand and Fixed Ordering Cost: The Finite Horizon Case. Xin Chen; Simchi-Levi, David // Operations Research;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p887
We analyze a finite horizon, single product, periodic review model in which pricing and production/inventory decisions are made simultaneously. Demands in different periods are random variables that are independent of each other and their distributions depend on the product price. Pricing and...