Jobless Claims Off 18,000 to 475,000
- News In Brief: Jobless Claims Fall to 499,000. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;11/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31257, p2
Reports on the decline in the first-time applications for state unemployment benefits as of October 31, 2001 in the U.S. Trends in the decline in the applications in the month; Growth in the moving average of unemployment; Percentage of the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate.
- Jobless Claims Off 56,000 to 395,000 . Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p2
Reports on decline in the applications for state unemployment benefits for the week ending January 5, 2002 in the U.S. Projections by IFR BondData America on the level of applications; Decrease in the continued benefits.
- Jobless Claims Drop 25,000 to 329,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31995`, p2
Reports on the decline of the first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in Washington.
- Unemployment Insurance Data, by State, 1998: Alabama-Missouri. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p145
No abstract available.
- Unemployment Insurance. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p147
No abstract available.
- UI--Ottawa's perennial itch. Serres, Christopher // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/18/95, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p10
Declares that Canada's unemployment insurance (UI) program is ineffective as an instrument to redistribute income. The study on Atlantic Canada released in September 1995 by economists Doug May and Alton Hollett of Memorial University in Newfoundland; Conclusion of the study concerning the...
- The business economist at work: An Unemployment Insurance actuary. Palumbi, John R. // Business Economics;Apr94, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p53
Examines the work of an Unemployment Insurance actuary in the United States. Unemployment Insurance background; State revenue estimation; Workforce security; Federal revenue estimation.
- The tattered safety net. Burtless, G. // Brookings Review;Spring91, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p38
Discusses America's unemployment insurance system which has emerged from the 1980s battered and the worse for wear. Program protecting jobless workers against effects of recession; Two functions served historically; Changes in the system that have eroded the value of unemployment; Growing...
- Employers Face Added Costs for Unemployment Insurance. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;3/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p9
Reports the depletion of the unemployment insurance trust fund in California. Impetus for an emergency solvency surcharge; Factors contributing to the depletion of the trust fund; Unemployment rate.
- Employers Face Higher Unemployment Charge. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;11/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p1
Reports on plans to increase the share of employers in the payment of unemployment insurance in California. Projected deficit of the employer-supported fund by the end of 2004; Challenges facing the state government arising from the pending insolvency of the unemployment fund.