Hatch, Thomas Offer Bond Amendments to Small-Business Tax-Cut Bill
- Lawmakers Approve Wright Amendment Compromise. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32479, p39
The article provides updates on the approval of the 1979 Wright Amendment compromise. The Wright Amendment is considered by many Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport bondholders as an important protection for the facility's approximately $4 billion of the outstanding revenue bonds, because it...
- Go-Aheads For WTC; Ballparks. Cataldo, Adam L.; Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/12/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32421, p1
The article reports on the approval made by the New York City Industrial Development Agency for the sale of $3.12 billion of tax-exempt bonds to the redevelopment of the World Trade Center site and the construction of two new baseball stadiums. The agency apportioned $921 million of Liberty...
- Minimum State PAB Volume Cap Higher for 2015. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;11/3/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34204, p1
Most states are likely to have more new capacity to issue private-activity bonds in 2015 than they did this year, after the Internal Revenue Service raised the minimum state volume and maintained this year's per capita rate.
- Senate Considering Amendments to House Reconciliation Bill. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;2/2/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32311, p25
The article reports on the consideration of the possible amendments to a House bill that would affect market demand for municipal bonds and the issuance of certain types of tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. The Senate was deliberating whether it should open the House's version for changes before...
- Brits exclude main island from Turks and Caicos constitution talks. // Hot Calaloo;Jun2011, p3
The article reports that the government of Great Britain has decided not to set a meeting for resident of Providenciales involving the consultation about the proposed constitutional changes of Turks and Caicos.
- Building in flexibility. Riggin, Margaret a. // CA Magazine;Jun/Jul97, Vol. 130 Issue 5, p32
Provides information on a technical amendment bill introduced on April 26, 1995 that proposes changes to the `stop loss' rules in Section 112 of the Income Tax Act. Financial information on fair market value (FMV). INSETS: Exhibit 1.;Exhibit 2.;Exhibit 3..
- Big step for South Africa. // Christian Science Monitor;12/13/96, Vol. 89 Issue 14, p20
Editorial. Comments on South African President Nelson Mandella's signing of the revised constitution. Background information on the creation of the constitution; Corrections made to the revised constitution; Constitution's blueprint for democracy.
- Former AG Joins Battle Against Proposal 4. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/23/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p3
Reports on opposition to a constitutional amendment that would redirect the money Michigan receives from the tobacco settlement. Expected backing from Attorney General Frank Kelley.
- Monetary increases proposed for courts. LaFemina, Lorraine // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/16/95, Vol. 42 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the presentation of four proposals amending the New York State (NYS) Constitution to voters. Issues addressed in the proposals; Comments from Assemblyman James Conte; New York District Courts increases.