JEA, Leader of the Power Pack, Selling Another $153M of Debt
- Jacksonville, Fla., Utility Readies $540M Refunding. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31436, p3
Reports on the marketing of million of bonds by JEA, a public water and electric utility in Jacksonville, Florida. Total amount of bonds; Necessity of bonds to refund debt sold for Saint Johns River Power Park System; Extension of the average maturity of the debt.
- Florida's JEA Offers $237 Million Refunding to Retail. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p6
Reports that Florida-based electric power supplying company JEA will begin retail sales of 237 million revenue refunding bonds as of January 15, 2003. Amount to tax-exempt bonds in the deal; Amount of taxable bonds; Date of maturity of the bonds.
- JEA Offers Up $278 Million Debt Deal; Raters Give Florida Utility High Marks. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31387, p40
Reports the debt deal offered by JEA company in Florida. Amount of bonds used to refund the debt; Sale of senior and subordinate bonds handled by Bear, Sterns & Co.; Value savings expected by JEA from the bonds sold by Merrill Lynch & Co. for debt refinancing.
- Florida's JEA Set to Price $353M Refunding. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/8/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32855, p4
Reports on the expectation of JEA, formerly known as Jacksonville Electric Authority to complete the pricing of revenue bonds to refund a portion of debt originally issued to build the Saint Johns River Power Park, a two-unit coal-fired electric plant in, Jacksonville, Florida. Pricing of...
- Fitch Differs With S & P About Florida's JEA and Explains Itself to Investors. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p36
Reports that the Fitch Ratings has maintained its ratings on JEA. Sale of senior and junior bonds by JEA; Affirmation of JEA's credit ratings; Assessment of the bonds coverage ratios of JEA.
- S&P Downgrades Florida's JEA Ahead of $230 Million Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p3
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has downgraded outstanding debt issued by JEA in Jacksonville, Florida. Application of the rating to the week's deal; Drop of the rating of the bond; Reason for the drop in rating.
- Parting SHOT. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jul2013, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p48P
A photograph is presented depicting the JEA linemen who competed for the International Lineman's Rodeo in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Artificial Intelligence Helps JEA Optimize Water Resources. // WaterWorld;Jun2006, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p10
The article reports that Jacksonville, Florida-based JEA used artificial intelligence system to reduce withdrawal of water in the area aquifer. The system called Optimized System Controls of Aquifer Resources controls the water system in real time creating what JEA refers to as Operations...
- 3000 MWe demonstration CFB takes shape at JEA's Northside power plant. Darling, Scott L.; Hebb, Jerry L.; Dyr, Robert A. // Modern Power Systems;Sep2000, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p21
Features circulating fluidized bed (CFB) boiler technology by JEA in the United States. Demonstration of CFB at the Northside power plant of JEA; Agreement with Foster Wheeler to supply the extended boiler island scope of the project; Factors influencing the CFB boiler configurations.