McBride Begins Fla. Campaign
- Jeb's Gutsy Stands Paid Off. Jeffrey, Terence P. // Human Events;11/11/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 42, p4
Assesses the political campaigns of political candidate Bill McBride and Republication Governor Jeb Bush for the gubernatorial election in Florida. Views by Democratic National Chairman Terry McAuliffe on Bush; Result of the gubernatorial election; Difference between the views of Bush and...
- Fall Guy. Zengerle, Jason // New Republic;9/30/2002, Vol. 227 Issue 14, p22
Looks at the chance of U.S. Marine Corps veteran and lawyer Bill McBride to beat Republican incumbent Jeb Bush in Florida's gubernatorial election in 2002. Background of McBride in the field of politics; Attack advertisements initiated by the Florida Republican Party against McBride; Impact of...
- Florida has not lost its knack for turning elections into farces: the latest involved keeping the voting stations closed on polling day while computers were reprogrammed. Stephen, Andrew // New Statesman;9/30/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4607, p16
Discusses the competition between former U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno and lawyer Bill McBride for the gubernatorial candidate of the Democratic Party in Florida for the November 2002 elections. Background on the campaign efforts of both candidates; Challenge of selecting party candidates...
- Fla. Attorney Weighs Run for Governor. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;06/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31156, p3
Reports the decision of Bill McBride from Holland & Knight to run the gubernatorial election in Florida. Reasons of McBride for engaging in politics; Career history of McBride; Co-candidate in the election.
- Governor's Race Tests Power Of Merged Teachers' Union. Archer, Jeff // Education Week;10/30/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the support extended to Democrat Bill McBride by members of the teacher's union in Florida formed out of a merger of the state's two major teacher's unions against Republican Jeb Bush in the November 5, 2002 gubernatorial elections. Impact of the Florida elections on the educational...
- Bill McBride to Leave Club One on July 31. // Club Industry;Jun2013, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p10
The article announces that Bill McBride, president and chief operating officer (COO) of Club One, fitness club in San Francisco, California, will resign on July 31, 2013.
- NEWS FLASH! // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Sep2004, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p2
Presents an overview of the ideas of U.S. political candidates on health care, education and environment.
- Candidates Promise What Voters Expect. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/21/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p4
Focuses on the promises of political candidates in Michigan. Philosophy of the tax shift; Investments in venture capital.
- Remarks at the Dinner for Senetorial Candidate Norm Coleman and Congressional John Kline in Minneapolis. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/15/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 28, p1177
Presents the text of the remarks given by U.S. President George W. Bush on July 11, 2002 which deals with the senatorial candidacy of Norm Coleman and the congressional candidacy of John Kline.