Humorous Case of the Lost Dollar
- HUMOR, ITS THEORY AND TECHNIQUE. J. A. T. // America;4/27/1935, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p68
The article reviews the book "Humor, Its Theory and Technique," by Stephen Leacock.
- Frenzied Fiction (Book). // New Republic;4/6/18, Vol. 14 Issue 179, p304
Reviews the book "Frenzied Fiction," by Stephen Leacock.
- THE GREATEST PAGES OF AMERICAN HUMOR. L. W. S. // America;4/4/1936, Vol. 54 Issue 26, p624
The article reviews the book "The Greatest Pages of American Humor," by Stephen Leacock.
- LEACOCK'S "LAW" for TEACHERS. Miller, Carl G. // Education;Dec1946, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p254
The article expresses opinion on an advice given by humorist and educator Stephen Leacock for teachers. There are a lot to be said to elaborate on his advice. The main point is that, the teacher should descend at times to humor but never start with humor and try to ascend to instruction. In...
- The Cost of a Drink in Mariposa. Willmott, Glenn // Essays on Canadian Writing;Summer99, Issue 68, p46
Stephen Leacock's work, especially Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town (1912), continues to prompt contradictory conclusions about the political imagination expressed in his humorous fiction. Is it liberating or consolatory, subversive or conservative? This essay tries to resolve the question...
- God has a sense of Humour! Broca, J. S. // Muse India;Nov/Dec2011, Issue 40, p48
The article discusses various issues related to humor and literature. It is stated that human beings often pictured God as a serious and sad looking old man, over burdened with arduous task of managing this huge, vast, complex universe of ours and providing adequate livelihood for all his...
- THE 'SILK HAT' IN THE WASTE LAND. Formichelli, Jennifer // Notes & Queries;Sep2003, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p332
This article talks about the silk hat in "The Waste Land," by T.S. Eliot. In "A Student's Guide to the Selected Poems of T. S. Eliot," author B. C. Southam explains that Bradford millionaires were nouveaux riches who adopted the silk top-hat, the headgear that signified the traditional gentry. A...
- PART ONE: US: DON'T STEAL THIS BOOK. // Mental Hygiene: Essays on Writers & Writing (2003);2003, p69
The article reviews the book "Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town," by Stephen Leacock and edited by Carl Spadoni.
- A STUDY OF SENSE OF HUMOR: ITS RELATION TO SEX, AGE AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS. Omwake, Louise // Journal of Applied Psychology;Dec37, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p688
The article focuses on the aspect of humor and its relation to sex, age, and characteristic of a person. The theory of humor was analyzed by different philosophers such as Plato, Aristotle, Max Eastman, Stephen Leacock, Thomas Hobbes, and Carolyn Wells. According to Hobbes, the passion of...