- The real story behind tax withholding (with apologies to Aesop). // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/30/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p22
Relates a story on how the government required employers to withhold taxes. Manipulation of the constituents to make the government look good; Return of the excess wage taxes.
- PAYE and subcontractor deduction schemes. // Accountancy;Apr87, Vol. 99 Issue 1124, p21
Reports that the British Chancellor is tightening the collection of PAYE withholding tax payments and improving the subcontractors' deduction scheme in the construction industry. Computation of interest on late payments.
- France. Reid, Alan; Secular, Leslie // Accountancy;Nov84, Vol. 95 Issue 1095, p23
Reports that the French government has announced its plans to abolish the withholding tax on foreign purchases of domestic bonds.
- West Germany. Reid, Alan; Secular, Leslie // Accountancy;Nov84, Vol. 95 Issue 1095, p23
Reports that the German government has announced its plans to abolish withholding taxes on foreign purchases of domestic bonds.
- Consultative document on withholding tax procedures. // Accountancy;Nov82, Vol. 93 Issue 1071, p9
Reports on developments related to taxation laws and legislation in Great Britain as of November 1982. Consultative document on withholding tax procedures; Rollover relief for groups of companies.
- Japan. Reid, Alan; Secular, Leslie // Accountancy;Mar1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1099, p36
Reports on the plan of the Japanese government to abolish withholding tax.
- Forms P60. // Accountancy;May2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1305, p124
Announces the deadline of tax form P60 in Great Britain. Provision of the form to employees; Procedures of filling the form; Utility of the form.
- Taxation. // Mauritania Country Review;2011, p115
The article offers information on taxation in Mauritania, in which a withholding tax of 16 percent is applied to securities interest and dividends while a 40 percent tax is applied to industrial, commercial and agricultural profits.
- HMRC recovers Â£342m from UK-Swiss tax deal. Dale, Samuel // Fundweb;1/29/2013, p6
The article focuses on the tax deal between Great Britain and Switzerland which will come into effect from January 1, 2013. According to the deal, Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) will be paid 342 million pounds extra by taxpayers of Great Britain. Withholding tax of 48 percent on income...
- Taxation. // Belgium Country Review;2001/2002, p64
Provides information on taxation in Belgium. Corporate income, capital aims and branch tax rates; Withholding tax rates.