- The real story behind tax withholding (with apologies to Aesop). // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/30/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p22
Relates a story on how the government required employers to withhold taxes. Manipulation of the constituents to make the government look good; Return of the excess wage taxes.
- PAYE and subcontractor deduction schemes. // Accountancy;Apr87, Vol. 99 Issue 1124, p21
Reports that the British Chancellor is tightening the collection of PAYE withholding tax payments and improving the subcontractors' deduction scheme in the construction industry. Computation of interest on late payments.
- Consultative document on withholding tax procedures. // Accountancy;Nov82, Vol. 93 Issue 1071, p9
Reports on developments related to taxation laws and legislation in Great Britain as of November 1982. Consultative document on withholding tax procedures; Rollover relief for groups of companies.
- Taxation. // Mauritania Country Review;2011, p115
The article offers information on taxation in Mauritania, in which a withholding tax of 16 percent is applied to securities interest and dividends while a 40 percent tax is applied to industrial, commercial and agricultural profits.
- HMRC recovers Â£342m from UK-Swiss tax deal. Dale, Samuel // Fundweb;1/29/2013, p6
The article focuses on the tax deal between Great Britain and Switzerland which will come into effect from January 1, 2013. According to the deal, Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) will be paid 342 million pounds extra by taxpayers of Great Britain. Withholding tax of 48 percent on income...
- Taxation. // Belgium Country Review;2001/2002, p64
Provides information on taxation in Belgium. Corporate income, capital aims and branch tax rates; Withholding tax rates.
- DISCLOSURES IN THE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS OF BANKS. // Accountancy;Apr87, Vol. 99 Issue 1124, p156
Presents the exposure draft issued in 1986 by the International Accounting Standards Committee on disclosures in the financial statements of banks. Definitions of terms; Classification of assets and liabilities; Maturities of assets and liabilities; Income statement.
- Taxation. // Mali Country Review;2010, p62
The article discusses the taxation in Mali including corporate income and branch tax rates, investment incentives and standard withholding tax.
- Taxation. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Namibia Country Review;2013, p105
The article presents information about taxation in Namibia as of July 2013, including corporate income and branch tax rates, withholding tax rate for dividends and eligibility of manufacturing companies for tax deductions.