- History. // Israel Country Review;2011, p6
The article offers an overview of the political history of Israel from its original inhabitants to the formation of political system.
- War-Related Loss and Suffering in Israeli Society: An Historical Perspective. Bilu, Yoram; Witztum, Eliezer // Israel Studies;Fall2000, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the essay involving the social condition of Israel in the first century. Historical perspectives on the master-schema as security-relevant employed in the country; Scrutiny on the loss management and distress of the society; Overview of the interrelations between the societal dilemma...
- Political Conditions. // Israel Country Review;2012, p19
The article provides a historical account of the political conditions in Israel with information on the creation of the state in 1948, the progress and recess undergone by the peace process and the violence during elections.
- Q&A. // Junior Scholastic;11/13/2000, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p9
Answers questions about the political histories of Israel and Palestine.
- Israel prophesy: Land of milk and money. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;3/21/94, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the economic condition of Israel. Expected growth in 1994; Effects of the peace process; International trade conference.
- Israel's economic crisis. // Commentary;Apr85, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p15
A former Carter Administration official reviews the built-in structural problems and the costs of war and peace which have led to the current crisis in Israel's economy. While the US will provide some of the money necessary to bail out the Israelis, the Reagan Administration will insist on an...
- Agonizing reappraisal in Israel. Salpeter, E. // New Leader;1/9/89, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p5
Discusses in depth the current economic and political situation in Israel vis-a-vis the Palestinian state, the formation of a new Likud-Labor Party coalition under Shimon Peres, and the country's worsening economic situation.
- Israeli aid. // Chemical Week;9/8/93, Vol. 153 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the Israeli government's economic actions. Aid to develop petrochemical sector; Availability for direct investments for three years; Approval of special law for Dead Sea Works; Bypassing of zoning and construction laws.
- Peres visits Washington. // Newsweek;10/15/84, Vol. 104 Issue 15, p65
Shimon Peres arrives in Washington this week with hard times all around him. Israel's inflation rate is nearing 800% a year. So far, the American government is not impressed with Peres' efforts to cut spending. The administration is likely to oppose any massive U.S. bailout. The days when a...