Could Ohio Shootings Have Been Prevented?
- "Nice Kid" at Nevada middle school kills teacher and self and the question is (again) "why?" (Emergency calls video). GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;10/22/2013, p1
The article presents information on the school shooting that reckoned the schools in Sparks, Nevada and in which one brave teacher lost his life. It informs that student who did the shooting has been described as not moody, angry or a seeming social outcast. It further informs that there is now...
- CHAPTER 3: School Shootings: 1974-2000. McCabe, Kimberly A.; Martin, Gregory M. // School Violence, the Media & Criminal Justice Responses;2005, p42
This chapter assesses school shootings in the U.S. between December 1974 and May 2000. It discusses the time and place of a school shooting. The outcome of a school shooting in terms of the number of victims and the characteristics of offenders is examined. It considers several characteristics...
- J is for justice. McCormick, Patrick // U.S. Catholic;Jul2001, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p46
Discusses the concept of justice and the proliferation of bullying in the United States. Concept of justice according to Saint Thomas Aquinas; Link between bullying and school shootings; Television programs that contributed to the promotion of vengeance; How to manage bullying in schools. ...
- Schools still working to rein in bullies. Coeyman, Marjorie // Christian Science Monitor;12/4/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on efforts of schools in Colorado and other states in the United States to launch anti-bullying initiatives, and questions of whether such programs will be effective, in light of the role bullying is thought to play in school shootings. INSET: Don't look to courts for the answers.
- Nevada School Shooter: 'You Guys Ruined My Life, So Now I'm Going To Ruin Yours'. Rayman, Noah // Time.com;10/23/2013, p1
The article reports that the student accused of shooting and killing a math teacher at a middle school in Nevada on October 21, 2013 was bullied by classmates.
- School outcasts are prevalent on all levels. // New York Amsterdam News;7/17/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 29, p16
In news reports following the arrest of the three young people involved in the averted shootings in Oaklyn, New Jersey, students recall that the kids were all bullied and teased in school as were the gunmen in Columbine and other recent school shootings.
- Calif. student shot; gay youth groups protest. // Empty Closet;Mar2008, Issue 410, p4A
The article reports on the collaboration of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) organizations to denounce anti-gay student violence following the shooting death of Oxnard Junior High student Lawrence King in California. Brandon McInterney, who was allegedly part of a group of students...
- MOURNING HAS BROKEN. // Editor & Publisher;May2007, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p9
A photograph of a student sitting on the drillfield next to the War Memorial Chapel just hours after more than two dozen classmates and teachers were shot by a senior student at Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg is presented.
- 3 Students Injured In Hallway Shooting. // Education Week;5/28/1986, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p3
The article reports on the shooting incidents involving three students in North Carolina. The students were released from the hospitals according to their respective principals. Moreover, the motive of the incident remains unclear.