About The Tobias House
- Serious medicine. Hass, Nancy // FW;11/9/93, Vol. 162 Issue 22, p32
Features Eli Lilly's chief executive officer Randall Tobias. Lack of hands-on experience in the pharmaceutical business; Lilly's problems due to bad management; Finding ways to cut costs; Hopes of gaining efficiencies in the manufacturing and administrative processes; Similar challenges faced at...
- Medicine man. Beck, Bill // Indiana Business Magazine;Dec95, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p8
Focuses on Randall Tobias, chief executive officer (CEO) of Eli Lilly & Company, who is seen as a darling of Wall Street. When elected CEO; Early years at the company; Sales growth; Role of information technology; Three Strategic moves; Stock performance; Profits. INSET: CEO of the year..
- ELI LILLY IS MAKING SHAREHOLDERS RICH. HOW? BY LINKING PAY TO EVA. Martin, Justin; Davies, Erin M. // Fortune;9/9/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p173
Interviews Eli Lilly Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Randall Tobias, focusing on the company's use of economic value added (EVA) as a measure of corporate performance. Linking compensation to EVA; Investment decisions; Lilly's stock incentive plan; Other topics.
- Lilly harvests its fields. Koberstein, Wayne // Pharmaceutical Executive;Feb98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p48
Describes how chief executive officer Randall L. Tobias rejuvenated Eli Lilly after the company's downed stock value in 1993. Launching of an assessment of the company's strengths and weaknesses; Development of a one-time early retirement program; Entrance of Eli Lilly on several alliances;...
- Retiring Dean Brater Reflects on IU School of Medicine's Impact. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/24/2013 BioFutures Supplement, Vol. 34, p6
The article presents the perspective of D. Craig Brater, dean of the Indiana University School of Medicine, on the role of the school in the life sciences community of Indiana during his leadership. After a strategic review which found that the school has little impact on the national level in...
- Lilly, IU to create new model for drug R&D. Wall, J. K. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/23/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p7A
The article reports on a research consortium led by pharmaceutical company Eli Lilly and Co. and the Indiana University School of Medicine to create new model for developing drugs.
- Lilly boss's pay up 75 percent. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 17 Issue 52, p8
Reveals that Eli Lilly and Co. chairman Randall Tobias' total compensation in 1996 was $6.6 million, a 75% increase from $3.76 in 1995.
- Life at Lilly after Tobias? Ellison, Evelyn // Indianapolis Business Journal;05/11/98, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1A
Focuses on the departure of Randall Tobias as chief executive officer at drug maker Eli Lilly and Co. Emphasis of core pharmaceutical business; Role in opening up the company's culture; Financial analysts' outlook for the firm under Sidney Taurel. INSETS: Sidney Taurel.;Randall L. Tobias..
- Tobias taking stock in Eli Lilly. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/18/96, Vol. 16 Issue 53, p8A
Reports on the increase in Randall L. Tobias' compensation as chairman and chief executive officer of Eli Lilly & Co. Amount of increase; Amount of company stock received; Percent of the firm's stock price increase.