Chapter 4: Business Environment
- chapter 4: Business Environment. // UAE Business Forecast Report;2007 2nd Quarter, p33
The article discusses the risks related to the business enterprises in the United Arab Emirates.
- Danger, Will Robinson! // Business Owner;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses the management of business risk to maintain ownership of the business.
- FINANCIAL RISK OF PRODUCT ALLIANCES. Mani, Sudha; Xueming Luo // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;2012, Vol. 23, p15
An abstract of the article "Financial Risk of Product Alliances," by Sudha Mani and Xueming Luo is presented.
- Analysts' Choice. // Dow Theory Forecasts;2/16/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p8
No abstract available.
- Structured finance. Mills, Roger // Henley Manager Update;Autumn2007, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p19
A relatively new breed of loan based on highly complex terms that take into account unusual factors and offer a high-risk source of funding is a growing source of funding for many businesses. Such financing may be of concern to us all, as millions lost on the backs of such deals still have to be...
- Current Practices of Enterprise Risk Management in Dubai. Rao, Ananth; Marie, Attiea // Management Accounting Quarterly;Spring2007, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p10
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. Every organization is in the business of risk management whether it knows it or not. There is a growing demand for businesses to find ways and means to minimize risk, but many lack the knowledge of how to systematically manage the various types of business risks. In this...
- Companies could be rated on default risk. Tolley, Steve // Money Marketing;5/26/2011, p14
The article reports on a proactive intervention framework launched by the British Financial Services Authority (FSA) and Bank of England in which businesses enterprises can be rated according to their risk of default in 2011.
- Moving Toward Economic Capital. Stein, Robert W. // Best's Review;Jul2007, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p64
The article reports on the issues concerning the reduction of economic capital (EC) requirements of business in the U.S. The author argues that the initiative can reduce rating agency requirements that might affect the adequacy of protection for policyholders. It was also noted that the EC-based...
- Are you giving away the baby? // Marketing Week (01419285);12/15/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p17
The article focuses on companies giving their brands to others to manage their operations. It states that giving away brands may look scary but it can help companies test new products and markets. The company Greggs is working for the first time with a third-party operator, the company Moto to...